1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What should I do now?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by girlonfire, Nov 23, 2013.

1. girlonfire

I don't think I'm going to have much of a problem with coming out, when it happens. The real problem is this: I decided I was bi after I started liking my third cousin.

Before you get your shorts in bunch, we'd never met until last year by chance in one of our classes that we had together. She's actually ten months older than me but we have similar personalities and have been good friends pretty much since we started talking. I kept denying to myself that it was real, that it would go away, but it didn't. (In case you're wondering, she's completely heterosexual.) She's one of my closest friends and I don't want to distance myself to try to stop liking her. Even if I did, she would be suspicious, and probably hurt, because we sit next to each other in a class this year. Now that I'm pretty much sure of my sexuality, I want to tell her this, but I'm worried she'll start asking the questions like "when did you find out" and "how do you know." I've done a good job of lying so far because the classic "who do you like" conversation has only ever come up via text. I don't know if I can lie to her face.

What should I do? :help: :bang:

2. frostedflakes

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Girlonfire,
    You should just be honest and with her and tell her at the right time. You don't necessarily need to come out to her through your voice. You could send her an email or write her a letter about your sexuality. There are many ways you can come out to her. You should pick the best method that is right for you. Just make sure you come out to her when you are ready.