1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I still miss my ex..

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by MerBear, Nov 23, 2013.

1. MerBear

I have a girlfriend and we've been together for almost two months and she's wondeful....but i still miss my ex girlfriend...we don't talk anymore but i still cry over her, think of her...and miss her obviously and my girlfriend knows that but she is giving me time to get over her...but is really staying with my current girlfriend going to help me get over her?

i don't really have much emotional connection to my girlfriend but i do care on some level. i just dont have that emotional connection like i did with my ex. i don't want to break up with my girlfriend but i still miss my ex...i still cry over her, ache over her and....i just don't if staying with my girlfriend will help me get over my ex.

i know, i don't need my ex girlfriend but for over a year, i've tried moving on ...and it hasn't worked....

should I stay with my girlfriend even though, i still ache over my ex?
    my girlfriend doesn't want me to leave and neither do i....but i dont know whats best in this situation.

i've tried before to say im not good for her because I abuse her slightly....not physically ...i mean sometimes, i'll playfully slap her or pinch or but sometimes, i worry it could get out of control ...not to mention, i feel as if i emotionally abuse her.

i don't call her ugly but when im angry, i just tell her she is pathetic or something....when im angry, i have an irrational state of mind. I tell her she is beautiful every single day.
    i just don't know what to do....

2. sounds like you arent over her. like youre trying to replace her with someone else, being your current gf. that wont end well.... it hardly ever does. if youre still crying over an ex it is usually an indication you havent moved on, i think youre maybe scared of being alone? idk though.

it can take a long time to get over someone, as much time as it takes. took me 2nearly 3 years to get over my ex and only now am i moving on.

if youre worried your relationship could get out of hand due to you thinking you abuse her slightly then its a good time to walk away and get some help.

3. MerBear

i dont know to be honest. i mean, my girlfriend has a wonderful personality and we laugh together and i love some things that we do...mainly physical, like when we hold hands, cuddle or kiss each other. she is wonderful girl and she makes me smile. its just sometimes i wonder if staying with her is helping me get over my ex.

i was forgetting about her then i suddenly remember and relapsed.
    i have a hard time controlling my anger but im being nicer and more considerate. does that count as anything?