1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Too good to be true?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by fdub, Nov 24, 2013.

1. fdub

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I had this huge crush on this girl I knew since my junior year of high school. She had came back to our area after being let go from her job in California. I had finally told her that I had a crush on her for the longest time and we went out to dinner. She paid for my meal, we cuddled and watched a movie. The next day we texted all day about just normal stuff and talked about how we needed to go on more dates. The day after that, I asked her if she wanted to go to my birthday party. She hung out with me and kissed my head while I played super smash brothers with my friend. This is stuff that nobody did with me (because the people I tried to date only wanted to do me). A few days later, I try texting her if she wanted to go watch netflix with me and I get no reply. Now it's today, I try to ask what's up, still no reply. I feel like maybe something is going on in her life where it interferes with talking to me or like maybe she lost interest..

It kinda sucks, I thought maybe something was finally going to work out for me and it's like super stagnant. I just want to know from the forum what should I be feeling? Am I overreacting? It's only been a week, I keep telling myself. I have trust issues and I get anxiety when it comes to people I like. I always assume the worst.

What would you do?

2. Silver Sparrow

Are there any other ways of contacting her? FB, email? It's certainly possible she could have lost her phone or she is conflicted about being in a relationship with another woman. You are not overreacting, your emotions are valid. GOodluck!

3. fdub

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    She barely checks FB and she is on Tumblr sometimes. But she's very hard to get in contact. Ever since she stopped replying to me I see on instagram that she posts screencaps of herself skyping with her ex (but they are no longer dating since they aren't in the same state). So it wouldn't surprise me if she's conflicted about being in a relationship. I want to say something but then again I don't want to because we haven't progressed to calling each other partners and it's also been a week so I feel like I'm rushing it and have no validity to be mad about this.

4. Mzansi

I think usually in a case like this,
    You're worrying for no reason :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

We've all been there!
    I myself have been there to,
    Where at the slightest HINT of them not paying attention to us 100%,
    We fear they're 'getting bored',
    But given what you've said you two shared,
    I don't think she'd up and leave so quickly!

Just relax,
    Take time to relax,
    And I'm sure she'll text you with a valid reason for no response!

Best of luck