1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Being bullied

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by questionable, Nov 25, 2013.

1. questionable

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    There's this group of guys who are bullying me verbally and one time they made some false statements making it appear as if I said those things. And recently they were slapping my nape when I'm not looking which is something physical. I really have no idea how I can help myself with these sort of thing. Luckily, I have a very very long temper and I can manage when to fight back and not to fight back.. I'm not even that effeminate and flamboyant...

But what should I do about these ***holes and for myself? :confused:

2. penguin machine

Whatever you figure out, take it back and tell it to young me...

My bullies MOSTLY abandoned me when I made friends with people and just spent most of my time aiming my attention at them. Try being funny to your bullies, try some self-deprecating humour, it might be a good way to deflect negative attention. I stil lhad people who were just sniggering assholes til the day I left highschool, but they were few and far between by then. Basically, it gets better, and you might be able to get through it a little easier by becoming a participant rather than a victim.

3. UIOP

Are you at school or college? If so, your teachers may be able to help you - they don't necessarily need to know all the reasons but they should be able to help you with those stupid bullies. Or a headteacher/principle could be even better.

4. lukeluvznicki13

I would just try ignore and keep away from them.
    Fortunately, people are more verbal bullies then actual physical ones.
    If you stay away from them and find alternative routes then passing the "***hole gang" that would always help and also just speaking to friends and teachers about your problems. Your friends can help stand up for you and if teachers get involved, they will lay off for a while :slight_smile:

5. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I used to deflect the bullies by one of two methods:

1) To ignore them completely, and not react at all (even though it hurt inside). They soon got bored !

2) To strike up conversation with them individually when they're not in a group. One bully I used to pretend I knew his bigger brother and ask him how his brother was and he would soon back off and calm down.

(I never had the strength or guts to fight them)

Anyway it is a bummer and I hope it stops for you soon !!

If it does get out of control and you can't deal with them - do speak to someone at the school or at home. Nothing worse than dealing with this on your own.

6. Silver Sparrow

Speak to someone at school or at home.
    Try to make a witty comeback or find a way to retaliate that won't end in consequences for you.
    Ignore them.