1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A drunken admission

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Tyrael, Nov 25, 2013.

1. Tyrael

Ok so a few weeks ago the wife of one of my good friends that I met through work, dropped a bomb on me. I was in her work (a store) and mentioned I was going to meet a girl that night, without pausing she just came out and said "Oh, I thought you were gay?". I immediately went on the defensive (because I'm not remotely out to anyone) and asked why she thought that. She said I had told her one night when I was over at her house for a party.

Now I can be certain I was drunk when I supposedly told her this and I have only a vague recollection of sitting upstairs alone with her one time. I don't remember telling her this but she wouldn't lie about it. I just don't understand why I would tell the wife of one of my friends that I was gay, knowing that she might tell anyone and everyone. I'm almost certain I'm bisexual, though I haven't had a boyfriend but I have experimented before. Does this mean deep down I believe myself to be gay and just putting up a front? Or am I reading too much into it?

2. flymetothemoon

It's possible you didn't actually tell her you were gay, but instead mentioned that you thought you liked guys, and she took that to mean you were gay. A lot of people don't think about the fact that it is possible to be bisexual.

3. Tyrael

That's a good point. Thank you for posting. The more I think about it, I'm pretty sure I did tell her I was gay and I may have mentioned that I had experimented with a guy. Thankfully no one else has even mentioned it, and I know everyone else in her work besides her husband. Maybe they all suspect it anyway, or she hasn't mentioned it heh.

4. DesertTortoise

That kind of confession when drunk... I tend to trust. It's an admission that weakened inhibitions make possible. Alcohol inspires lies for sure, self-stroking and bragging... but can also be a truth serum.
    As for bi or gay or whatever. Screw labels! Worrying about how to label oneself is SUCH a waste of time. Your desire determines, not what you call it.

5. sysreq

Best thing on sexuality I've heard in a long time.

Yeah, uhh, Why not just tell her you're bi when you're sober? And then not give a shit about labels because they suck, frankly.