1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

18, gay, kind of lost...?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by fuzzyfeet, Nov 26, 2013.

1. fuzzyfeet

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    First off, wow, haven't visited this site for about a year. When I first realized I was gay I was so lost and I used to read posts on here all the time to try to make sense of what was going on around me- that was about two years ago.

Now, it's been a while but I have come to realize that I'm still a little bit lost.
    Some background: I'm 18 yrs old, lesbian, still in high school...the thing is, I don't feel totally comfortable with being gay, I guess. One problem is that I'm not a part of any kind of gay community (don't feel that way anyway). I mean, I don't feel comfortable at typical 'gay groups' (GSA, community centers and things like that) just because I don't feel like I get much out of that.

I'm living in a liberal place (NYC) and so it's not as though there's no gay scene at all. Problem is, I don't really know how to find that...I don't have anyone to go to a gay bar with and I don't particularly want to go alone (not that desparate yet).

Nothing like ****** exists for girls as far as I know and they seem pretty sleazy anyway. I suppose my question is how do I go about finding other gay people?? Am I doomed until I go to college? Any bit of advice (or moral support) is appreciated, thanks all.

2. emkorora

emkorora Guest

I wouldn't worry too much.

There are plenty of opportunities to meet LGBT people, both in college and without. And fret not over feeling that there is nothing to be gained from GSA events.

3. frostedflakes

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Fuzzyfeet,
    You have come to the right place to meet new people and chat with others. There are also many organizations and social groups/meetings you can go to, where you currently reside. I would do a little bit of research and find a group that is best suited for you and your needs. There are also a lot of social networking online groups you could also look into. This is definitely a good place to start. You are not alone. I am here for you.

4. fuzzyfeet

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks guys for responding!! Yeah, I've been contemplating what I should be doing but I guess the problem is I don't really know how to go about searching for options/finding groups, things like that.

5. lovely lesbian

Hello! You have come to to the right place you will get a lot of support here