1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by BookDragon, Nov 28, 2013.

1. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Or more specifically, finding a date...

See I've realised something irritating about finding someone to date. I really WANT a relationship but finding people is hard when you don't really have any social groups to work with...but anyway, the problem is as follows.

I'm trans.
    'Straight' guys aren't interested
    I'm fairly certain I'm not a lesbian (even though I definitely find girls attractive to some extent I'm not sure I would want a relationship...not sure why!)

What's a girl to do! I put myself down on a certain website and told it to show me bi matches, and most of them are girls. What a pain!

Any thoughts?

2. frostedflakes

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well, I think that the right person will come along for you when it is the right time. You don't need to rush finding someone, because it will only cause more stress. I am sure there are plenty of heterosexual or bisexual men who would love to go on a date with you and possibly be in a relationship with you. Please don't put yourself down or be down on yourself. I am sure you are an amazing young lady and you will make a great wife one day :slight_smile:.

3. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What a lovely thing to say! (*hug*)

4. Yun2013

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, he's right!

About the topic at hand; thanks to society, I'm sure there may be/have been some people who'd be interested, but they may just keep those feelings to themselves. I myself know of nobody near me that I can share much of anything like this with, it's half the reason I had to find a site such as this one to let it all out.

Then you have the popular dating sites that don't allow anything but entirely heterosexual (in their eyes anyway) matches.

5. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    TBH I'd rather take my chances with that then the LGBT specific ones I found...they just seems weird!

6. CharlieHK

CharlieHK Guest

It seems all dating sites will have their imperfections. The topic of dating is scary, to be honest. My partner and i were both pretending to heterosexual to cover up being transsexual...

and then it just worked out.

But it depends on how you'd approach it. Would you come out the gate with "I'm trans" or go "...hey, we've been dating for a bit...there's something you should know..." because it makes a difference.