1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Being bullied in the past

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by SweetNShySam, Nov 29, 2013.

1. SweetNShySam

SweetNShySam Guest

In the past I was bullied and it takes me awhile for me to start trusting people cause of it. Sometimes I always wonder if others hate me, I know not everyone is going to like me. Around the time I came out, I went to a bar where people go who are gay, lesbian or bisexuals. Very excited cause it was the first time I ever been to one and didn't know what to expect. I went in feeling good about myself, but as I left I walked out feeling humiliated by others. So many people got on me once they heard I was bisexual and I ended up walking out leaving. Waited for my friend to follow me out, but he ended up staying inside for awhile. I leaned up against the wall and started to cry and kept thinking how my whole life I've been nothing but been judged my entire life. Glad I came out than, but after that night I ended up going back inside my shell and refused to go back again. Than I wouldn't talk about my sexuality anymore cause of what they said. They simply told me I needed to chose sides and that most people would think I'm a tease or won't date me once they hear I'm bisexual. So now I'm thinking... does everyone else feel this way. Joined here cause when I went back into my shell I couldn't stop living a lie and ended up become depressed cause of it. Just wanted to put this out there cause I don't have much support from others. :icon_sad:

2. EmeraldCoconut

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Let me just say, I am so sorry for what you have been through. Nobody deserves to go through the bad stuff that you have. First off, there is nothing wrong with being bisexual, love. I might be... But I'm still trying to figure it all out. What those people said... was wrong. You can't choose who and how you love, and that's okay. Right now I'm seeing a counselor for my worries and fears. I strongly suggest you find a counselor, because it has really helped me. Maybe you can get help coming out of your shell, because I'm sure you a truly beautiful person that the world is missing out on.
    I'm here if you need me for anything.
    Best of wishes x

3. SweetNShySam

SweetNShySam Guest

Thanks for you're response and yes I'm seeing a therapist about it. Sadly though I still feel like I'll never be accepted by people cause of that reason. I've joined here hoping it will help me, but it's making me feel worse cause already I feel like I don't belong here. Wonder why that is, but I've never been liked but many people and this wouldn't surprise me...... :tears:

Doubt I'll ever be accepted by my sexuality or who I am as a person.