1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to go out as a gay man

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ninerw, Dec 1, 2013.

1. ninerw

So I live in New York, aka the Gay mecca. I'm new to the scene and don't really know how to approach it. I hate clubs so that's a no. I've been to one gay bar that was actually pretty low-key which I liked, but it was no fun going alone. I'm a jeans and t-shirt kind of guy that likes to watch sports, cook, and just hang out.

What places offer that without me being viewed as a piece of meat?

2. RainbowMan

As a fellow gay man in NYC, there's plenty to do! None have led specifically to a date yet, but that doesn't mean they won't.

There's Meetup groups for just about every interest possible - including those that don't particularly like going to clubs and stuff! I'm not going to name specific ones here (they could lead to violation of the offsite contact rule), but head on over to Meetup and find something interesting!

3. ninerw

Thanks man. Yea I didn't know or want this to illicit a ban from anyone. But Meetup is pretty cool, I'll have to check it out. Yea it seems like it would be so hard to "go-out" as a gay man who doesn't like to go out. I'm so low-key in a city that is very much high-key!

I'm also not that image-concerned. Like I said, I love jeans and a t-shirt and just chillin on a couch. I guess you could say I'm a man's man who likes men!

4. RainbowMan

Join the club :grin: