1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What should I consider myself.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by beyond, Dec 1, 2013.

1. beyond

Well,

I am a male in my mid twenties. I have some slight bisexual/bicurious tendencies.

I also have on occasion wondered if I would be better living as a woman/being female. I am comfortable as a man however.

One thing I have discovered is an enjoyment for wearing a dress, which I did for the first time yesterday, with my very wonderful and kind and supportive and encouraging girlfriend. I am not sure if it is simply a thrill, sexual or otherwise, but I doubt it. It does seem more than that. It made me feel very happy and free, and putting my trousers and jumper back on felt slightly constricting (though maybe because they allow less movement!).

I am not sure what all this makes me?!?

Not sure I am going to be a regular poster, guess I just wanted to share this.

Oh yes, I also have a corset coming, and my girlfriend has bought me pair of lovely knee high, high heel, red suede boots for me :slight_smile: Excited to try them :grin:

2. Jessica79

The bold bit is what makes me think you are just a cross dresser :slight_smile:

3. beyond

Perhaps so.

Yet I am certainly bicurious, or at least have bi curious tendencies. Maybe they don't even go together at all.

Huh. Well there's nothing wrong with whatever I am anyway.

4. Gingerblond93

It sounds to me that you just enjoy wearing woman's clothing since you said your comfortable as a man.

I know how you feel, a couple years ago I began wearing dresses and skirts. I only wear them at home in private or at my boy friends house. I do not want to become a girl, I just find girls cloths very comfortable and even sexy to wear. I agree that men's cloths are much more confining and restrictive. I imagine you enjoy the freedom and softness that comes with wearing a dress. If I had my way, I would wear a dress or skirt all the time, but still be a guy. It bothers me that a girl can wear guys cloths, trousers, jeans etc and nobody thinks anything of it. But if a guy wants to wear a dress your made to feel like a weirdo or something is wrong with you. Perhaps the day will come where they make dresses and skirts for men and boys.

Just enjoy being a guy who likes to wear a dress or skirt or girls cloths now and then. It's really cool your GF supports you with this, like my BF supports me. Have fun.

5. beyond

I totally agree :slight_smile:

So you don't necessarily think there's any connection at all to my bi-tendency?

6. beyond

got my corset today. love it

7. beyond

Is anyone else in a similar situation?

8. Skyline

I am very similar! Most days I am comfortable as a man, but I have tried wearing dresses and I love it. I suppose maybe I am just a cross dresser. I know I'm not one to hold onto stereotypes, and I like breaking boundaries too.
    However, I have picked the label of gender-fluid for myself, because I feel it goes a little deeper than that. I'm not sure why, but sometimes I want to be treated like a girl. In my head I can picture myself as a girl or wearing much more feminine clothing, and I feel like I'm expressing myself more freely.

As for sexuality, I've only ever really been sexually attracted to females, although occasionally I can feel like a male is fairly attractive. I think sexuality and gender identity are completely separate though, at least for me it feels that way.

9. beyond

I think this could be me, though I am not certain. I go through phases where I am really happy to be guy and others where I'd like to be a woman and wear a dress.

I really wish it were acceptable socially for me to do so around here. I suspect it wouldn't go down well. Anyway, I am happy just doing it on my own or with my girlfriend.

10. Skyline

Yeah, it seems like the term gender-fluid might suit you well.

It's pretty great that you have a girlfriend that's okay with it. There are more people out there that are supportive too, they're just hard to find I think.

11. beyond

Maybe it does. Does it make sense to say gender-fluid with a strong male preference?

She's amazing. I'd never have tried wearing a dress if it weren't for her.

12. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Perhaps dresses are just amazing.

13. beyond

I do like the idea of being a woman though. hm

14. beyond

On a different note...I got my first pair of high heel boots today :slight_smile:

Sadly they don't fit too well, but they might a little better when I lose some weight

---------- Post added 10th Dec 2013 at 05:11 AM ----------

Oh, and walking in heels is a little tricky, easier than expected, and I think I could grow to like it (from time to time) :slight_smile:

15. agelos

Out Status:
    Some people
    thumbs up for the heels. first time i tried i know why they make ppl wearing them feeling confident: you feel as if you're the centre of attention, you're higher that everything else as if you're an excibit
    and love the corset !
    your gf is amazing
    you can be just a man who likes them, but if you don't, remember genders are not only 2 and you don't have to fit in a binary
    cheers ! <3

---------- Post added 10th Dec 2013 at 02:35 PM ----------

what you'd like to be/picture yourself as it, doesn't mean it's who you truly are

i'm a trans guy that probably would prefer to be an amazing androgynous being, definately non-binary identified, and sometimes i see myself as it, or as a strong female (which is the type of woman i usually look up to), even as a genderless 'child'.

your identity doesn't have to do with who you want to be or who you want to look or be treated like. if one wants to be treated as a little girl doesn't have to mean he identifies as it :wink:

16. beyond

Do you know anywhere on the internet I can get high heel boots in large men's sizes without paying over the odds?

Hmm, that's an interesting perspective. I want to be able to look like and act like a woman or a man, depending on how I feel. But I still know I am male.

I am not entirely sure that's what you're getting at though.