1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Saw a ghost, now I'm frightened!

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by UIOP, Dec 2, 2013.

1. UIOP

OK, sorry if this is spam because it's not related to sexuality and that's why I put it in general support. If it's not though, I would seriously like some advice here.

I am absolutely terrified at the moment. I was awake at 2:40 AM doing coursework (so I'm a little sleepy and probably more likely to hallucinate). Then, I decided to take a couple of minutes as a break. During that, I was just thinking over things and looking at the mirror as I did so from the other side of the room. Then, I saw it and I'm absolutely terrified of it right now!

While I was looking at the mirror, I saw something dark and grey-coloured move quickly across the room past the mirror. It was fast but I thought I caught a glimpse of detail in there too, as in body parts. Now, I'm completely frightened even though I don't really believe in ghosts normally. It just looked so real and now I'm just sat here working in the corner of my room, madly checking the room every couple of seconds to make sure I'm alone.

What can I do to get over this fear? It's happened before and I don't want this to last for too long this time. Thanks in advance.

2. MatthewJS

are you in your house or in an university? if it is an university, i would be glad to do some research!

3. UIOP

I am in my university room... alone *gulp*

4. MatthewJS

can you tell me the university? (i hope you don't get in trouble, but doing some research on the university can give answers. to take precaution, ask the EC Crew people and see if you can tell us what university you are currently going to.)

5. UIOP

Something tells me that, since EC is anonymous, I probably can't tell you the university I'm at because I think that what I've posted on here would quite easily link back to me if people knew which uni I am attending. Which is kind of weird since I'm out to hardly anyone but still I won't be allowed to tell you.

Thanks for the advice though. I'm doing a little bit of research now :slight_smile:

6. MatthewJS

ok. and you are welcome for advice. I am very interested in the paranormal world. I also hope that you find what you really need.

7. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My house is haunted and the college that I used to attend was also haunted. You eventually will get used to it. I occasionally blame the spirit "George" at my house for things going missing. It is kinda funny. At least the spirits that I have encountered have been friendly.

I silly as it sounds. I talked to the spirit and said that since we have share this place lets live here respectfully of each other. If it gets too bad you can possibly have you room blessed to see if that will make you feel better.

8. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The human mind can play tricks on you. It was probably just an illusion.

9. Gingerblond93

I have ghosts at my house, sometimes when alone I will smell this really nice perfume. This happens randomly, and there is nobody anywhere near who is wearing perfume or was wearing perfume. The smell and feeling overall is very pleasant and I don't mind.

At first I was scared, looked into it and now it does not bother me. I don't think the Ghost in your dorm room will bother you. I would not worry and welcome the ghost.

10. Data

Data Guest

Welp, if it's a human spirit I wouldn't be too broken up. They are just stuck, and GENERALLY aren't harmful or mean to hurt you. Some are angry, and can cause problems with mischief.

If it's a demon, I'd have issues with that.

If you ever see it again, take a picture of the area it was in. You may see something.

11. biggayguy

#11 biggayguy, Dec 4, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2013

12. see this is weird I never believed in this until I bought a couch 2012 after getting a new apartment, suddenly weird things started happening

stuff moving and the most bizarre things in my life, And worst of all things end up under the third couch cushion a whole lot

13. lukeluvznicki13

oooo, I've had supernatural encounters before too ;o

14. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well one can put it this way: There's no documentation of anyone ever being harmed by a ghost. Even if they're really really real, I think I'd approach them with eagerness and interest rather than fear. Going by movie logic at least, if the ghost wasn't totally horrifying, it's probably not evil, so you've got that going for you. :wink:

15. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We had a ghost in our old house. My dad, my sister and I all saw "him". We called him "the man in the hallway" It was just a silhouette of a man, and all he did was walk up and then down the hallway. We saw it while we were watching tv, each of us saw it on different occasions, we were by ourselves at the time. And on one occasion he "spoke" to my dad. In broad daylight! My dad was busy preparing a meal on the stove and he was home alone. All of a sudden, he heard a man's voice saying "howzit" and then he heard the bathroom door closing. He peered 'round the corner and the door was open and nobody was there. On another occasion, I was making coffee when all of a sudden I heard something behind me say "huh" in a deep voice. I looked up at the window and saw the reflection of a shadow figure, a silhouette of a tall man, behind me. I quickly turned around and there was nothing or nobody there. It was scary but he never harmed anyone.

And now in our new house, I think there's also something fishy going on. Many times I'll hear keys rattling, or the front door opening. But there was nobody there when I checked, and the door would be closed. Maybe it's just my mind playing tricks on me but it seems quite real each time...

On another occasion, I saw the ghost of a dog! It was around 6/7pm, and already getting dark out. I was driving to a friend of mine, and there's a piece of road where there aren't any streetlights. All of a sudden, I saw a "dog" standing in the road. I swerved but when I looked in the rearview mirror, there was nothing. I found out later that there is an abandoned graveyard next to that part of the road, and satanists often sacrificed animals there! Needless to say, I was freaked out...

I doubt the ghost you saw is evil or harmful, so don't think you have anything to worry about :slight_smile:

16. laloski

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    how cool! i have a ghosts as well, he's not very friendly though I've woken up with scratches all along my back and huge hand prints on my wrists. He actually has called me by name, but i kind of just ignore him when he calls out. That usually happens back home at my family ranch, currently i live in an apartment by myself so i will occasionally get things moved around or cabinets slammed but it's rare.

#16 laloski, Dec 5, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
  17. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Now THAT is freaky. I think I'll retire to my pillow fort with a flashlight.