1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this idea crazy?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Rainbow Panda, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Rainbow Panda

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hello everyone :slight_smile:

I have been having weird thoughts recently and just need a little bit of feedback because I am not quite sure what is going on or why.
    Basically my brother is gay and has a boyfriend. My brother means the world to me and I am quite fond of his boyfriend too. Recently my sister had a baby. We don't really talk to her anymore due to a lot of reasons but she is constantly wanting my brother and I to hold the baby and try to talk about the baby to us. I can see that it pains my brother very much for obvious reasons.
    They both want kids, and adopting would be okay for them, but they obviously want to pass on their genes and I think they have every right to. I think it is very unfair that gay men can't just biologically have kids just because they don't have the parts.
    A few months ago thought popped into my head and it has been there ever since. I thougt that I could maybe be a surrogate mother for them once I have had my own children one day. This isn't about me wanting to be pregnant or anything, and obviously I don't want to do it now. But maybe some day.

I just can't figure out what to do with this thought or idea. I know I can't talk to my brother about it as that would be a little weird. I already feel weird for even considering this, but I just want them both to be happy and be able to have a family.
    I dont know, am I crazy? :help:

2. CharlieHK

CharlieHK Guest

First off, that is a very nice thought. And yes, it is an awkward topic to just to say out of the blue. Depending on how close you are to your brother, once you've had children, the "baby" topic will be on the table, and if you still feel the same way, you can bring it up then.

3. Data

Data Guest

My first knee-jerk was that it's weird. Then I though about it, and I guess it could work if you wanted to do it.

The boyfriend could donate his sperm and you could deliver the baby and allow them to adopt it. You wouldn't use your brother's sperm for the weird factor and the possibility of genetic defects manifesting themselves.

4. I think it is really sweet, obviously it would have to be your brothers boyfriend who would be the donor but then it would be all in the family

since they do seem to be wanting one it would be a nice thing to do I like the idea :slight_smile:

5. picknmix

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As half of a same sex couple that is wanting a baby. I think your idea is really sweet.

6. Rainbow Panda

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thank you people, for the feedback and for not calling me crazy :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    I have started researching it just to put my mind at ease about the actual possibility of doing it.
    Just for clarification, yes, the sperm would have to be provided by his boyfriend and the egg would have to be donated aswel.
    I will definately bring it up to him in the future when the time comes if it is still relevant to them and to me and when that day comes I hope that they won't think that I am weird either.

May you all have a fantastic day/evening :slight_smile: