1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting rejected?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by gibson234, Dec 4, 2013.

1. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Is it normal to get rejected by 95% of people on a dating site and no one ever message me. Or am I just especially unattractive. Be honest.

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Could it be your bio/profile? I have no experience with dating sites, but if you're getting rejected by 95% of people based on unattractiveness, that means you're almost as ugly as ugly can be. I highly doubt that XD.

Just make your profile so that you appear fun and lovable. It's probably easier said than done, but as long as you stay true to yourself it should come naturally.

3. photoguy93

Yeah, unless you're uglier than a mud fence that's been covered in shit, I think it's probably your profile.

What kind of site are you on? Are you on an actual dating site? Or is it a "dating" site that just happens to have penises splattered all over it?

For the second one, if you don't have "ready to be f*cked* all over, then you won't be picked. Heck, even for regular dating sites....if you don't seem super easy or don't look like a Sports Illustrated Model, it probably won't happen.

4. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It is for this exact reason that I deleted my profile on the dating site I was on. The only people who viewed my profile were either much older and perverted, or they didn't match my criteria in one way or another. And the mobile dating app I used to chat on, was the same thing. As soon as someone saw my picture, I'd get deleted. My already non-existing self esteem kinda takes a big knock each time. I also feel like (most, not all) people on dating sites are looking for no strings attached hook-ups :dry:

---------- Post added 4th Dec 2013 at 10:54 PM ----------

You've summed it up perfectly

5. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't think I'm that ugly. My profile is a bit sparse but when I mean rejected I mean not nessacry don't message me back but don't seem interested. And people don't seem that into hook ups.

6. AKTodd

How long have you been a member of the site? Basically what youre doing is playing a numbers game. So it may take some time.

Also, what are you looking for and are you clear about it? Are you clear about what your interests are/are not? Stating these things clearly and confidently can make it easier for people to decide to give you a second look. And even then, it's still a numbers game that will take time.

Todd