1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guilt over a crush?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Sitri, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Sitri

So, I have this massive crush on a guy. I can't even look at him without getting this aching in my chest. The problem is, I feel guilty that this crush even exists. He's so attractive and nice and smart and wonderful in every conceivable way, and I'm ... let's just say I don't have the best self esteem, and very few of the adjectives I'd use to describe myself are positive. I feel like the idea of somebody like me even thinking about being with somebody like him would cause repulsion and hate from him, like my affection is insulting. I doubt he would respond in such a way, at least to my face, (again, he is the most magnificent person ever and would never react cruelly to anybody). I feel... greedy almost, that I would dare lust after somebody so far above me, it seems wrong.

2. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have you ever crushed on a celebrity? A teacher? A friend's way-older sibling? Crushes are crushes--they just kind of happen, no matter how attainable the person may actually be. I'm not telling you to go out and declare your love for him in a public space. Just that there's no reason to put yourself down because of a thought. Keep on crushing.

3. Riddick

Riddick Guest

hmm... interesting... ooh the guilt. Yeah, check out my blogs (under: crushing on a friend) I'm positive it will give you an idea on how things will turn out for you and your friend.
    hey!... don't be so negative towards yourself. Be optimistic and the world will follow suit.
    If you do read my blog I'd like to know what you think and what your plan is.

OK... hope to hear how things will turn out for you, good luck.