1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting back into the swing of things

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Stuie, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Stuie

Hi everyone,
    It's been quite a long time since I posted here, but it's one of the few places I know that's always there for advice on pretty much anything. :slight_smile:

Basically, my problem is one of having had a year of really crappy mental health, which resulted in me deferring from uni, almost losing my job and having a generally pretty miserable time. Now that I'm finally over the worst of it, I'm trying to get back on my feet and not lose my summer camp job, as there's a bunch of little things that need to get done before then in the immediate few days which just need to be done.

The problem is I've been swimming in time for so long that I find it impossible to get the motivation to do those tiny little tasks again. What I find particularly frustrating is that I know they're easy and won't take very long, I just procrastinate them constantly and can never actually pin down the time to do them. Before I had effectively a forced year off, I basically had to keep myself really busy so I could keep up the motivation to do these kinds of things, but today for example, I got home from having afternoon tea with a friend and then collapsed into bed for hours and then put off doing the tasks I have to do again.

Anyone have any advice? Please?

2. daniel27

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've been there before with my uni and found the easiest way was just push myself but with smaller goals to start with. Sorta let momentum snowball and tackle bigger and bigger goals...