1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Today's the day....maybe

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ThnksFrThMmrs, Dec 5, 2013.

1. ThnksFrThMmrs

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hopefully in approximately 5 hours I'll be out. I was originally go with the whole letter idea, but I've finally settled on sitting down over lunch & talking about it with my mom. I really hope I don't chicken out. I plan to start out by saying something about all the news about Tom Daley, kinda to test the waters. Then hopefully I can move on to actually coming out.

Wish me luck, I'm still not sure how she's going to react. The last few times she caught me talking to girls in a romantic sense, it didn't go well. But I really hope this time will be different. I don't want to be in the closet anymore.

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good for you!

The best way to deal with scary conversations is to say the hardest part first, everything else is way easier to deal with.

Try this: "So I have something important to tell you and I'm feeling a little vulnerable right now, so here it is: I date girls (or any other way you describe yourself)". Mention Tom Daley after as the reason you were inspired to come out.