1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Proving People Wrong

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Tellastus, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Tellastus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am 20 years old and currently live near Dallas, Texas as of June this year. Previously I had lived in Las Vegas for almost my entire life. I was forced to move out this was because of my dad's job.

At first I was fine living out here. I got a job, I got to hang out with my amazing aunt, and I got a car. All was well until I started to realize I am not meant for small town life. Heck even life in Texas just isn't for me.

So I started thinking about moving by myself. A couple days ago I decided I wanted to move back to Vegas. My mom (who currently lives in Vegas) is very supportive. However everyone else in my family says it is a stupid idea and that I wont make it on my own.

I want to move back out there by May of this upcoming year. That means working full time and not going to school to save up as much money as possible. Then I would find an apartment in Vegas and move back halfway across the country.

I understand it isn't going to be easy and will be incredibly stressful but the fact that my family (other than my mom) keeps telling me I wont make it really hurts.

I need to prove them wrong. Not only them, but myself. I have doubts but I didn't before I told them. I AM going to move. I AM going to get a job that allows me to pay rent and utilities. I AM going to finish school. I NEED to prove them wrong.

I don't know if any advice can even be given for this. Maybe I just needed to vent to an unbiased audience. However, if you have some advice to going about this then I'd love to hear it.

2. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just make sure you have access to resources and a support system should things start to get rough. But your attitude is awesome! Go kick some ass!

3. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you feel ready go for it, and you have your mom there so you are not completely alone in this process.