1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panic attack

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by jacwebb, Dec 6, 2013.

1. jacwebb

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So until lately i've been exclusively straight with my girlfriend but we recently ended our relationship. After we broke up I started to get curious about what it would be like to hook up with a man so after months of deliberation with myself I made an account on ******, set it up and added a photo. After that I started to receive messages. Immediately after I received the first message I started to have a panic attack, I didn't respond to any of the messages and closed the app immediately. I haven't opened it since and I'm afraid to do it. Every time I go near or use my phone despite what I may be doing on it the feeling starts to come back. I have never experienced this before.

I'm just looking for any insight into my situation from someone else who has experienced something similar and would be able to offer advice.
    Thanks for taking the time to help.

2. photoguy93

Well, I have a panic disorder and let me just say....panic attacks are really hard to go through. You never know what's gonna happen and WHAM.

So, what I wonder is..are you just apprehensive about this? Panic attacks can be debilitating. If you've never experienced something like this, then I don't know exactly if it's what you're feeling...but all I can suggest is that you need to face the situation. So, get on the site and either delete the messages or delete the account, or read them. You'll end up obsessing over it if you don't.
    But, that's just my opinion.

3. apostrophied

Sounds to me like you're not ready for this whole thing (can't blame you lol, I wouldn't be either). Best to just remove the app and let it be. The people on there are not really worth it anyway.