1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tattoos

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Hopeful, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Hopeful

I posted about tattoos back in the spring and I'm wondering again: what do you guys think of them?

I'd like to get a tattoo at some point, but I don't know what I'd get, or where I'd put it. I'd like it to be some place classy that could be hidden if needed...

I'd love something simple but pretty - probably no words, or if words it would be a cool quote in a neat script. I've always loved the yin-yang symbol or Chinese characters, but being American I feel as though it wouldn't be fitting (I did take a year of Mandarin in high school and would like to learn more).

Anyway, as far as placement goes, I've thought about my ankle or my shoulder as being places that aren't obvious. So would my bicep or inner bicep. I kind of like the the ones people get on their inner forearm but that's really obvious. Plus painful I'm sure. I think the back of the neck is a really cool spot, but I think I'd like to be able to see my tattoo.

What do you guys think? Do you have tattoos? Where are they? What are they of?

2. Silver Sparrow

I don't have any tattoos, but I want to get one. If and when I do get one I'm goint to make sure it's something that I have been thinking about for a while, and something that I really love. For me, it also has to be something that can be covered up easily if I want to go into a conservative profession. It would really depend where on your shoulder you put it- I feel like that would be painful. I'd agree with not getting the yin-yang symbol or Chinese characters- to me, that reads as cultural appropriation. I want a phoenix, maybe.

3. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I love them, frankly...as long as they are done well. Don't get one done if the guy isn't any good!