1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay rights on Facebook

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by dano218, Dec 8, 2013.

1. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ever since I came out of the closet to everyone I been posting a few gay related posts on there and I admit I got carried away at first because I felt free to express myself after years of hiding it all. My cousin who always supported me and my sexuality and now she says I come across as negative with my posts which are not at all. I asked her about it before and she says I should express myself any way I want. It's all good. I know I got carried away on there not meaning to though and I should cut back on it. I am Just wondering if I am in the wrong here or I should continue being myself.

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would say continue being yourself. But if you post status after status all talking about gay rights, it does get annoying. I see it with lots of contentious issues actually. I have friends that post gun rights stuff, dog lover stuff, sappy "inspirational quote" stuff, gay rights stuff, and whatever else.

Doesn't matter the topic; when they do it in excess, it's annoying. So don't stop doing it altogether, just make sure you're not beating people over the head with it.

3. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks. I know what you mean. I got carried away when I first came out to everyone now I gonna tone it down lol.