1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't know if she thinks this is a date or not!!

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by savannah99, Dec 10, 2013.

1. savannah99

So I have this friend/co-worker, and we recently started talking outside of work. For the past like five days, we've been texting ridiculously long texts back and forth about a ton of different things, philosophy, psychology, life, sexuality, etc. etc. She is gay and she knows that I am into girls too.

But, the other night, she texted me that she had wanted to take me out for Halloween to a bar! And I didn't know of this because she had found out that I was sick over Halloween so she never said anything about it.

And, last night, I suggested we should hang out sometime and she said "Yes, let's go out!"

So we made plans for this Thursday and she keeps referring to it as 'going out,' and she says we should go stargazing because we both love astronomy. Could this be a date? Am I like missing something?

We haven't really flirted much, we just have been super genuine and kind with each other. I am so confused.

2. only way to know is to ask her.
    have you seen her outside work before as in hung out?
    if not then i would see her as a friend now and see how you get on outside work and then if it goes well ask her on a date perhaps?

3. savannah99

I've never seen her outside work at all. Not even once. Yes I think that's a good idea, I can just go as if it's not a big deal and see what happens from there.

I just don't want her to think it's a date while I don't know, and then accidentally make things awkward by not understanding her intentions.

4. thekillingmoon

It could be or maybe she just wants to get to know you better. Try to observe how she treats you in general. If she flirts a little, she could find you attractive. Or if she makes eye contact longer than necessary. I always do that when I like someone. But I always wait for them to make the first move, so it's probably doesn't help much lol.