1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old relatives can be funny sometimes

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by slimred, Dec 10, 2013.

1. slimred

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, I was just chatting with my Nan on the phone. She often finds an opportunity in the conversation to slip in something about how I've not found the right girl yet, and always asks if I would let her know if I'd found someone. I always say yes of course I would.

Today I was perhaps feeling a bit more honest. I said it might happen one day, but it might not, who knows. She then made a comment that maybe myself and my brother (also long term single but a proper ladies man and definitely straight) might end up being "gay batchelors" !!! Lol. Cue awkward silence from me!

Then she corrected herself quickly, saying "Well I didn't mean gay like that!" while I was still fumbling for words. I ended up saying "Well maybe batchelors, yes. You never know!"

I've dropped more than a few very subtle crumbs along the way. I wonder if she's sussed it out and can't bring herself to ask... :icon_redf

2. D43054

Very clever and funny. I'd bet she's figuring it out. Lol

3. slimred

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This should probably have gone in the chit chat section... sorry I'm new here :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 10th Dec 2013 at 08:36 PM ----------

Also to add, I said to her I never know what to say to her when she keeps asking me that and that I'd definitely tell her if there was any news. She then said "Oh I won't ask you any more if makes you feel uncomfortable".

I'm pretty sure she's beginning to define the wood from the trees...