1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Isolation is really getting to me

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by BreannaToBrian, Dec 11, 2013.

1. BreannaToBrian

Uuuuugh, a bit isolation and lonely on this end. (and a little sick from eating too much bacon.) I'm getting better with trying to keep myself from negativity, but even after reading happy quotes, listening to positive music and booting bad thoughts from my conscience-even though it helps- I still have those really down moments. Where my eyes tear up and my heart sinks in my chest. I've been nowhere but in a dark room; away from people and socialization. Which, that never used to bug me as being in a dark room almost 24/7 was heaven. But now it's turning into a hell. I don't want to allow this to control my mental attitude. I don't want this isolation to put me down. I've got my room redone so it have more creative things in it but it's not enough. I don't think a freshly painted room and happier decorations will make me happy. I've told myself that objects can't give you happiness just because it has a happy-face on it. I have to apply it myself. That's easier said then done. :dry:

Why am I spending time in a dark room? Well, I don't go to public school (and please don't asked about my schooling. It's touchy and for another thread another time.) and I don't allow myself to interact with the people in my neighborhood. I, uh, live in a hood. It's not safe for anyone, not to mention a transgender. I lie very low do to fear of them figuring out my status. If they did find out....bluntly put, I'd get shot. The people here have the tempers and the guns. :frowning2:

I think when I'm able to be around accepting people, LGBT people or not, my depression will lift. For the meantime I'm holding on. I'll continue to surround myself with positivity until I can escape isolation. But even though you water the plant, if you set it in a closet, it still wilts. *Sigh* thank God for EC...:astonished:

2. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Can you start making a master plan for when you do move out of the "hood"

and where would you go and when?

This would help focus your mind on the future even if its a while off?

Is there someone you could go and stay with for a week, or a week end, a few hours' travel away ?? A friend or relative??

And what about (dare I say it ) Christmas !!

Seriously this does not sound good, the isolation, even though you are trying to stay cheery inside your place

3. BreannaToBrian

Actually, finding a new place to live has been my family's mission since the beginning of this year. Us getting out of here depends on-when you boil down to it- if there's any other home available to move in OR if we can afford the rent given. So far, there's no home available. I'm not alone on wanting to get out of the neighborhood.

Um, my dad owns a house that I visit on the weekends. 'Bout it. I can't move in with anyone, though.