1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

They took her away :(

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by roadtojoy, Dec 15, 2013.

1. roadtojoy

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I met my girlfriend Rachel in august 2012. She was an exchange student. We fell in love, we were soulmates. I never knew i could feel this way about anyone, and definitely not a girl. We spent all of our time together (when not studying) and in December we decided to tell our parents. Mine took it okay. Hers didn't. They demanded she came home immediately, they wanted her to have nothing more to do with me. They said they were paying for her to study, not be a dyke. She really had no choice... i had to let her go back home. But things got so much worse for her, her parents are mentally abusing her, they've been trying to make her go to church with them to "cure" her. She's going to school in Dublin now, and she's being bullied every.single.day. They shout stuff at her, and they've even hit her several times. She's terrified of going there...she started self harming. She's been close to killing herself... She's been so depressed lately her parents finally had enough. They put her in a mental hospital in October this year. Said she's a danger to herself. But it's cause of them she cuts!! All we want is to be together and now i can't even talk to her, i'm so scared of what she's gonna do now that she can't talk to me... If she could just come live with me i think she's be okay but she doesn't have the money and neither do i :frowning2: I'm scared that if she stays there i will lose her forever... i don't know what to do i love her so much :frowning2:

2. DesertTortoise

Oh this is so sad, so terribly terribly wrong. Does anyone know of any LGBT support in Ireland? Is there no one who can intervene?

I'm going to see if I can get any info that might help.
    This just breaks my heart...

#2 DesertTortoise, Dec 15, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
  3. roadtojoy

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't wanna get her in more trouble i just want her here with me :frowning2:

4. DesertTortoise

Is she of legal age?

5. roadtojoy

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    She's 17.. turning 18 next year

6. DesertTortoise

Kinda tricky--keeping to EC's anonymity policy. I'll ask if I can give you an an email of a women I know who's been an activist in Ireland and has a lot of connections, but she's needs some idea where Rachel is.

I know I can't ask for more specific info, but I think it would be ok to give a nearby city. Is this the Republic or Northern Ireland?

---------- Post added 15th Dec 2013 at 10:44 AM ----------

Here's from my friend. I've asked admin on EC if I could give you her email. Will do that they say it's ok.

Meanwhile, having the name of a nearby city, or the one where she's hospitalized, would be a big help.

" I have several contacts of folks that work with LGBT youth, my cousin is a pyschologist that works within this remit also, but knowing the location of were the person is would help, as it would give me an idea of who to reach out to specifically."

You shouldn't feel helpless! There are people out there who can help. We just have to find them and make the connections.

7. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    This makes me so sad I hope you get her back . I didn't come out yet because I thought this what my mom would do to me

8. roadtojoy

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just don't wanna make her parents more angry or anything...she'd hate me i told anyone about all this :frowning2: Me and her brother (who is much more accepting than her parents) are trying to save up some money so she can come stay with me when she gets out... we're trying really hard but it's not easy since we're both unemployed.

9. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    The best you can do is find jobs and both save a lot of money so you can get her here hopefully she can hold out .

10. roadtojoy

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    But we're studying to it's pretty difficult you know? I just wish i could get her here. All i wanted to do was spend christmas with her but i'm not gonna get to do that :frowning2:

11. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yeah it will be very hard with school hmm:confused: I think maybe Desert plan might be the best .

12. DesertTortoise

Then maybe we could get info to her brother, who would know better how not to get her in trouble. There are resources there that could be of help to him.

Not good to let them frighten you so. Having to deal with this alone makes it so much harder. If you could tell me what city is nearby--no one would be able to do anything or know where she was, but I could pass on info about LGBT resources that might be available. They could be much help for her brother. What urban areas are near you? There might be LGBT counseling available for you to talk to.

don't think you're alone. You're not. There are people who can help. I know you have to be careful. That's understood.

#12 DesertTortoise, Dec 15, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
  13. roadtojoy

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well she lives in Dublin...

14. Nick07

Thank you for your help (*hug*)

15. DesertTortoise

Okay, that's a start. There should be something in Dublin. Are you in contact with her brother?

---------- Post added 15th Dec 2013 at 12:53 PM ----------

Nick,

Ats what we're on this earth for, no? To help one another?

16. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hopefully she'll be alright

17. DesertTortoise

Maybe send that message to the Pope. He said it was wrong to keep persecuting gays when there were so many worse evils to fight. Your story is about love. How could he not sympathize. That might impress your parents...

Sounds crazy, but you could always write a letter... what you said in your first post. Leave no possibility untried.

Going to bed... you have been on my mind all day, you and Rachel. This really touched my heart. I want so much that you get back together again.

May it be so...

18. Nick07

I used to think so. But recently I have been beaten (mentally) by someone who I was helping to for a long time, so I am hesitant to repeat the same mistake. Maybe I just need to grow a thicker skin.

19. roadtojoy

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks so much for trying to help i really appreciate it guys... i have no one to talk to about this and i miss her so much...i'm in contact with her brother who is allowed to visit her sometimes. he said all she wants to do when she gets out is come see me :frowning2: i wish i could make that happen. i'll try! <3

20. DesertTortoise

If you hear more from Rachel's brother, let us know--and how you're doing, too. Is there anyone YOU can talk to? You said you're family is okay with your coming out--are you close? Can you talk with them?

I think it would be good for you to find and accept whatever support you can for yourself. I can't tell you how much this touches my heart. Take care of yourself.