1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Being gay and unattractive?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Seanathan, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Seanathan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know this post has been done a thousand times. What I'm having trouble with, and need help on, is learning to love myself. I really hate myself. Not because I'm gay, but because of how ugly I am. I feel unlovable. I look in the mirror and cringe. One of my eyes is bigger than the other, I can't get my hair in order, I'm super tall and skinny, wear glasses and have horrid achne, My nose and chin are weird and too big, and I lisp. UGH THAT PARTS THE WORST. I'm really trying to fix some of these problems, and learning to love myself, I'm really trying, but I'm not sure how to do it. It's getting worst too because I'm loosing interest in everything and every day I'm paranoid with people staring at me. I feel like a frog, a warty disgusting frog that crawled out of the swamp. I'm 17 and never even dated anyone, and all the gay guys I've liked rejected me because I wasn't attractive. :frowning2:( What do I do??? :help:

Edit: I don't even care about looks to be honest, I just want someone who loves me. But I think that's going to be hard if I can't sell the package that is me. I can't even sell it to myself.

#1 Seanathan, Dec 17, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  2. MrAllMonday

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've just accepted it and moved on. :/

Try working out. That could help.

3. Van

Van

Don't hate yourself, it will lead you nowhere but down. I've been there, so I can tell. It causes depression or/and apathy. Self-pity is a bitch, trust me. I've come to the realization that the more you're trying to convince yourself that you're ugly, the more you're starting to believe in it. If you don't like something about your appearance try to change it. You're only 17, give yourself some more time. In a year or two you'll look different. I have pictures from a few years ago where I barely recognize myself. Don't worry about your look that much, from what I see in your profile picture, you're cute. You'll be fine. :slight_smile: And let me tell you this - the change starts with you. The first step is to stop hating yourself. :slight_smile:

4. Nikky DoUrden

I was in same situation like you couple of years ago, but now I accept myself ... you know why ?
    because when I look at the mirror I don't see how I look on the outside, I see how I look on the inside, and I like it, so I accept myself :slight_smile:
    This is something you need to learn to do, even if it'll take you time :slight_smile:

And for your edit part - I don't care at all about looks either.
    So if you're willing to accept anyone no matter how they look but how they look INSIDE, then you can be sure there are many people who can love you as well for who you are and not how you look like :slight_smile:

5. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're not ugly, you've just bought into what the media/culture says is pretty/sexy/attractive. I believe that there's someone for most people, and that said, the ugly people that I've seen get married, who were way, way ugly (Trust me, you're not. They were.) and they still found someone.

To give you a visual, one teacher I once had had a huge, round beer gut, Mickey Mouse ears, four chins, and a nose that looked like Mr. Burns from "The Simpsons." He's married. That said, it's about personality. I've had people on this site tell me that my voice, personality, humor, etc. are so attractive and sexy, but I'd bet you $100 if they saw me naked, they'd run away scarred for life.

However, I found love.

6. lukeluvznicki13

I'm sure you look attractive. A lot of the time, the best looking guys can be the ones who have self doubt.
    and besides, looks aren't everything (I know what some of you are thinking when I'm reading this but it is true). Having a great personality is one way to charm someone, and it gives you a good reputation too :slight_smile:
    So chin up! Don't think badly about yourself (irony).

7. Ruthven

You look fine dude, to me anyway (saw your profile pic). But know this: some people are gonna find you attractive, others won't, just remember that it doesn't determine your worth and value, and who you are as a person is most important in really all aspects of life and all that, you know? including relationships and all that.

8. Mzansi

Not everyone will find you attractive.
    And not everyone will find you ugly,
    This wold is too subjective,
    And what one individual finds to be a turn on,
    Is the deal breaker for another.

Maintain and Improve what you've got,
    Keep yourself healthy and clean,
    And most importantly keep developing your personality :slight_smile:

In the end the sexiest thing about someone is the personality and aura they give off.
    You only become a self fulfilling prophecy by falling into a pit of despair.

#8 Mzansi, Dec 17, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  9. CptnBeefheart

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    ^This so much

10. photoguy93

I think you need a hug! Seriously..I've been there.

So I used to weigh more. Not a ton, but you can see a difference now. I did it because I wanted a change but I also wanted to feel good about myself.

I feel great, but.....I still am single, lol. Just because you miraculously lose weight or become some swan doesn't mean jack crap.

You are not ugly - and let me tell you, I have seen some UGLY guys who are in relationships. It was in my area, and at first I thought "how is that possible?" That was years ago...now I realize that looks aren't all that matter.

11. Data

Data Guest

Can I tell you, you've got a twin somewhere over in AZ. One of my friends from HS is dating another person from HS (not my friend) and he looks just like you. She loves him to PIECES!

What happens for me anyway, is even if I am not stunned and dropped to the floor by a person's attractiveness, their personality can soften me up and eventually I get to like the person for who they are. Their flaws become hallmarks of the great personality and they become a part of the person as a whole.

One day you'll find a guy who will think your chin is the most perfect chin he's ever seen. It sounds goofy, but really they will love you because they have learned to associate your body with your personality.

I have buck teeth because I didn't wear my retainer when I had my braces taken off. I hate it, but for some people it isn't an issue. I have a lower belly pooch, and even though I hate it others have told me it's cute (imagine that).

I look at a bear and feel nothing, but there are people out there who would LOVE to cuddle up to a big burly bear guy!

Don't beat yourself up man. There is someone out there for you.

12. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What everyone above said is absolutely true, but to clinch it, take a look at any picture of Serge Gainsbourg, the famous French singer popular during the 60's and 70's, the guy was not a poster boy for modelling, to put it mildly, but he had relationships with some of the world's most beautiful women, including Brigitte Bardot.

Just goes to show that personality is a far bigger determinant of relationship success than most people realize.

13. I had really crappy acne until I became a vegan. I also wash my face with lime juice and then moisturize with coconut oil, which is anti bacterial and won't clog your pores. Maybe even wear makeup if you're that worried about your looks. Eat lots of protein and drink supplement shakes meant for gaining weight. And get a suiting haircut. This helped me immensely.

14. Seanathan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you all so much for the support. I had no idea I'd get this many responces. I guess I'm not alone on this train then, huh? Oh well, I guess with 7 billion people on this planet maybe there IS someone who might just happen to love me back.

15. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel the same way. I don't think I'm horribly unattractive, but the kinds of guys I like look nothing at all like me, so I'm always comparing.

You're not alone. Hugs from a kindred spirit across the ocean.