1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A little advise and help, please?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by jontan, Dec 18, 2013.

1. jontan

Hi all, I've got some questions to ask everyone with regards to this feeling i have. I'm confused and puzzled as well but it's the first time i'm experiencing this.

I met someone (open about his sexuality) whom we could get along quite well. We text quite frequently on a daily basis. He would greet me in the morning and before heading to bed. We went on a day trip to a nearby town and I believe we both enjoyed ourselves throughly. We got so close to the point that it led to sexual stuff.

I'm discreet and still exploring hence I'm always saying that we should maintained this line that we are good friends. (Friends with benefits, perhaps?)

However i feel the connection we have is drifting, he recently travelled overseas for a little over a month and i find that we already seldom talk due to the different time zones and perhaps he is just busy overseas.

What saddens me is that he started using ****** and frequently goes "online" there. I know, as friends it shouldn't bother me, as it's his life but i don't know why, i'm feeling really depressed and sad about it.

I have this thinking that he is meeting other people and hence lesser interaction with me.

I really dont know, i'm quite confused and i feel kinda "used" in the sense as both of us are overseas, away from our homeland and perhaps he just needed the company.

Please enlighten me, thanks a lot.

-Depressed.

2. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Tell him how you feel and that you perhaps want to be in a relationship with him?

3. StephenSC

I agree with the above post. Why not just tell him that you would like a more emotional or romantic relationship with him?

Sure he *may* not be interested, which would suck. There's also a chance he would be interested as well.

To me it seems like your interested in pursuing something like that. Obviously it's something you'll need to consider and know yourself. I think that taking a leap of faith is better than endless longing for someone, and knowing for sure would be better than forever wondering what if?

4. jontan

Thank you both for your replies!

He did mentioned last time that he was worried he might fall for me, but i "brushed" it aside saying we're just good friends.

He's going through some issues now with his ex and i believe he is drowning himself by meeting people from the app and perhaps even that. (He has a suggestive photo as "private photo". Which makes me very sad, tried talking to him but he kept saying that i'm making him feel worst by talking "sense" and "reasoning" it out with him.

I'm just really sad that my heart literally broke. He was hard headed saying what's wrong with having an account there and what a single gay man can do and what he needs most when he's single?

How now brown cow?

#4 jontan, Dec 18, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2013