1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

facebook freak

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by binda94, Dec 18, 2013.

1. binda94

i seriously thought EC would be a good place to try sort out my head and help who i am but i guess it backfired a girl took my phone when i was on EC and posted something quite homophobic on facebook about it but did not use my name just said you know who you are and the replies were scarily bad and homophobic so there goes coming out and it's my last year of school so there's only a few months left but still hurts that i have to keep something like this quiet and how nasty people could be :icon_sad: what can i do any ideas.

2. Myhipsdolie

EC is a good place to sort out your head, no doubt about it. Maybe try to talk to your closest friend(s) about what your going through. They should be there for you and support you. If you have any idea that the girl is going to tell your secret to your school seek support from within the school and/or your parents (if you feel comfortable enough) because this is bullying and you don't deserve this at all. If you feel supported by your friend(s) then maybe you'll feel brave enough to tell the world and beat that girl to the mark. Trust me, it's never good keeping such a huge part of you hidden away and it's not right. In my school when this guy came out he held his head up high when the flood of abuse came and had support from friends, but it's high school so people get bored and eventually move on. The point is that his act of bravery triggered a sort of chain reaction in my school and gave people the courage to come out as well.
    I'm not saying that you have to do this for the other people, you can do this if you want for YOU.
    You don't have to go through with it now, do it when you're ready. Just remember that teenagers are hurtful but one day they should grow up and maybe see the error of their ways.

Sorry for rambling, I hope you are ok.

#2 Myhipsdolie, Dec 18, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  3. binda94

thanks just reading that made me feel better but i think keeping it quiet til i finish would be best and there's no one really supportive i feel like Ireland's turned into a country of homopobes but whatever teenagers are kinda hurtful anyway i'm just trying to forget it

4. Silver Sparrow

I'm so sorry that this has happened. Also, welcome to EC!

5. DesertTortoise

6. Foster

I'm sorry you had to go through that (*hug*) One thing to keep in mind is that your true friends will love you no matter what. Anyone who has a problem with your sexuality is bored and has nothing better to do than to criticize others. Also, people with low self esteem often pick on others to make themselves feel better. There is nothing wrong with you! You are perfect, don't let anyone cause you to believe otherwise <3 :slight_smile:

7. toushirojaylee

Hi and welcome to ec!