1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A friend at work

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Danny87, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Danny87

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi all! First thread here, so go easy on me! Lol.

Ok, so this has really been bugging me lately to the point where I want to make this thread and get an idea and advice on the situation. So I have this friend at work, we're not that close but we talk now and again when we see each other. Basically, the other day I caught him looking at me. When this happened he quickly looked away with an awkward smile. I always got paranoid every time he walks passed me desk, I feel like he looks at me, when I look out corner of me eye. So to reassure myself I looked up at him and was surprised to catch him looking at me!

I can't imagine this guy being gay! He's such a flirt with all the girls at work!. He sits on another team right next to mine, where he sits he's facing directly at me so I get paranoid now and again that he watches me. Last year we were in the same team! So I know him on a good level and we've even been to cinema one night with two other friends. We can talk for ages when we do bump into each other.

Yesterday, he was talking to a friend at work close to my desk, facing me of course! Lol. I was watching him and he caught me looking at him and I looked away. I just had to look at him again, and again, he looks back at me. I feel really awkward around him now, and I just don't know what to make of it all!

I'd be lying if I didn't say I was attracted to him. I'm sure he's straight but some of he's actions lately have had me confused!

Sorry this turned into a long one! Just had to get it off my chest! Any help and advice would be appreciated :slight_smile:

2. Trooper

I think the problem with the whole staring thing that confuses many of us is that you may never know based on staring alone whether because they're into you, or just looking to see if you're staring at him. You probably need to consider other things before suspecting he's attracted to you, such as if he's flirty around you, wants to be close to you etc.