1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

feeling depressed

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by girlonfire, Dec 19, 2013.

1. girlonfire

Ever since my sexuality became an actual issue for me (ie. no one to talk to, felt like I couldn't get it off my mind) I've been feeling really, really, down. For about three weeks now I've been doing all that I can to distract myself, like interacting with people more, changing my music taste to things like Linkin Park, but every time I'm alone, especially in the morning and at night, I just feel depressed and stressed. My family has even commented on it, saying I'm "pessimistic all the time and am not a pleasure to talk to." Of course I'm fine around my friends, but....I don't know. Do I have depression? I have no idea what I should do. The one person I came out to...I think she'd be a little overwhelmed if I tried to talk to her about that and this. I already fucked up coming out enough that I don't want to try it again anytime soon and see if I can get a more supportive friend. I don't know what to do... :frowning2:

2. william123

It's possible that you are suffering from depression, although it would not be right if I tried to diagnose you. Have you tried talking to a psychiatrist about this? Where I live I'm pretty sure it's free to have a consultation/assessment. Or if you're in school, maybe talk to the guidance counsellor? They may be able to point you in the right direction. Just some thoughts. Good luck.

3. Wildfyre

Wildfyre Guest

You do sound a little depressed, so sorry to hear that man. Would it work to open up to your family, or at least someone in your family? Or would they not approve? Just know that you're not alone on this site though - there's heaps of us that've been through what you're going through right now, including me. So whatever happens, I hope it all goes well for you, and in the meantime, stay strong and good luck, okay?