1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guys- Are you open about your sexual preferences? (Top/bottom)

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by StillHere, Dec 19, 2013.

1. StillHere

I ask this because today a friend of mine texted me wondering if I liked to give or receive, I wasn't comfortable telling him because one I don't talk about anything like that in text where it can be stored, and two, because it is not something I think we guys talk about unless we might be hooking up with each other.

Note: my friend is straight and has no hints of being gay.

I guess I'd just like to know if your open about this stuff to your friends in real life (I could care less about the internet.)

2. ba92

Out Status:
    A few people
    It depends on how much I trust someone.

3. BlueLines

Nope, not at all. I don't really think its appropriate small talk...

4. Gen

Gen

I wouldn't have revealed that information if I was in your shoes either, especially not at your age. Personally, I am a very open person. I have no problem discussing sexual topics with others. Though there are certainly times when you might not feel comfortable answering questions about your preferences, especially if they are coming from individuals who lack in tact or maturity. You are in no way obligated to discuss specifics with those that have no business knowing.

Edit: As a pessimist, I also want to include that life will be much easier if you never tell anyone anything that you aren't yet ready to tell the world.

5. StillHere

Good, I honestly thought i was the only one!

6. Nikky DoUrden

About your edit: that means me and many others would not be here because they are not ready to tell the world they are gay :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I think there is a difference about things you can say to different people, as people said before, depends on your relationship with them and how much you trust them :thumbsup:

7. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I personally don't discuss if I'm a tip/bottom with anyone I don't intend on having sex with. I don't feel that it is anybody's business and I consider the question to be as rude as asking a straight woman if she prefers "cowgirl" or "doggie".

8. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Not unless it's someone who plans on helping me test my preferences. :lol:

But yeah. In your shoes, wouldn't have shared. People ask a lot of weird questions when you're LGBT. Had people who used to ask me how many kids I planned on having, how I'd have them, how I had sex and with what parts, etc...

Ask him to return the favor. :wink:

9. AKTodd

None of my friends have every asked this sort of question and probably would never think of doing so.

There may have been a housemate in college when I was coming out (he had lots of questions), but I don't really remember.

Given my personality, I'd probably just answer and go on about my business.

Todd

10. My Two Wings

Yeah, none of my friends have asked me that and probably wouldn't ask me. I don't really have a preference giving vs. receiving anyways, so I wouldn't be too uncomfortable answering with that. Though honestly, depending on who asked, I'd probably jokingly say something like "Why, interested? :wink:"

11. Young Gun

Young Gun Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
  12. MrAllMonday

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm open to top and bottom. Hmmmmm yeah just don't tell anyone LOLZ.

13. photoguy93

I'll tell my close friends, definitely. I hate being super coy about sex. I used to be...but seriously, it doesn't make sense.

14. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I tell my best friend in the world literally anything, but most people? Hell no I wouldn't tell them.

15. Awkward Balloon

I'm an extremely open person, and I'd be willing to share that information with anyone not threatening my person. If I felt safe, I would discuss any aspect of my sexuality and preferences with anyone who asked.
    Although I have fun letting people guess whether I'd top or bottom, and I often overreact if they guess either . My friends are still unsure to this day.

16. Beware Of You

Depends on the person

17. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't see any need for people to know this type of information (besides partner.) What goes on in the bedroom concerns no one else.

18. Danny19

Well even though i like to consider myself a private person, I've noticed that I'm also very open. I basically tell 2 of my best friends everything, from being a top/bottom to other stuff i like to do sexually, and they do the same. We're very comfortable talking about that stuff with each other. I'll even tell them when I'm horny. or like if they ask what I'm doing i can respond with "I'm about to go have sex, so i'll text you back when I'm done" haha. Im also willing to share some of that info with other people that are interested if i trust them enough and like them. Idk i guess we're all just different.

19. Simple Thoughts

Nope, not even kind of. 0.0

My brother was trying to be I guess caring and open ( that whole jazz ) and asked me about it a few times, but that kind of talk just really makes me uncomfortable. I don't know why I just feel uneasy when I get asked sex questions.

For me it's a personal matter, and I don't really want other people involved in my sex life I guess.

20. Data

Data Guest

My close friends were all hanging out (3 of them) and we were talking about my gayness. They were just saying how I had to get a boyfriend, and how they'd find me the best gay guy they could. Hahaha One of my friends just said "Knowing you, you're probably a top. Yeah, you're definitely a pitcher." Hahahaha I just agreed and told him he was right. My friends are really cool, and I trust them with anything.

I would never ask someone unless I wanted to play the matress mambo, but I'd answer if someone I knew well asked about it. It isn't really THAT critical a thing to know about me.

Additionally, my other group of friends from HS discussed BDSM and my like of sexual kink. We talked about it while walking through the mall parking lot. Hahaha My one friend dislikes pain and choking. Me? I'm a little bit darker.