1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holiday weight gain

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Monika the Diva, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Monika the Diva

One of the few cons I hate during the holidays is gaining weight. In the last two months and I packed on 15 pounds and I'm not to happy weighing 230 again :frowning2:
    Im planning on going on to a liquid diet with protein shakes to knock off the excess weight.

Anyone else feeling the same?

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ugh totally...I mean I'm not going to do a liquid diet, it'd kill me, but I definitely hate the holiday weight. Never bothered me before...arguably the most irritating thing about discovering myself xD

3. Minamimoto_Fan

Yeah, I know that feeling. I gained five pounds in the last month or so, and I feel like crap because of it. My boyfriend keeps telling me I look fine, but I always feel bad about how I look regardless. At least one of us likes how I look I suppose :/

It's funny, he does the same thing and I say the same thing, so in a way it's ironic either of us to tell the other he looks fine XD

4. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't even weigh myself anymore because I don't want to know.

5. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I weighed myself this morning. 142. I love being slender :slight_smile:

6. leer

almost certain to put a bit of weight on this year am just going to put a bit more work in at the gym in new year

7. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For me, I believe it's inevitable. Less active in the winter + more food = weight gain in the winter

8. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Having said that, I'm sort of mixed about the whole weight loss thing. I want to do it for myself, but I really don't want to find that once I've lost a bunch of weight people start finding me attractive and then don't like me if I ever put it back. I'd rather find someone first and then lose it...but then I want to be cute and sexy! I can't win :grin:

9. anonomous

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    yeah...i have gained a little weight cus i havent been able to cycle,skate or swim as much so iv started eating a little less so my parents just think im anorexic. im really skinny anyway....apparently :frowning2:

10. Myhipsdolie

They say you put on an average of 8 pounds over the holidays??
    I'm not too happy about this. I try to avoid weighing myself due to an unhealthy relationship with scales in the past but I can see when I've gained weight!

My plan is just to move as much as possible - taking stairs going for nice walks etc also I'm moderating my intake of 'unhealthy' food such as chocolate and foods that have bad fat in them like McDonalds >__<

I also distract myself by reading, going online and watching movies. Not active pastimes but they can help.

(Nuts have good fat in them, protein and keep for feeling full!)
    (Fruits have a nice amount of sweetness and can curb sweet cravings)

I just want to enjoy the holidays because I am going to get so fit next year ^__^

#10 Myhipsdolie, Dec 20, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
  11. Monika the Diva

Honestly, even though I consider myself a plus size gal. I dont want to be morbidly obese again. I just like being in the overweight category. I'm 5'10 but I'd rather be 205-220 max. I dont Ever ever ever! Want to be over 231. It was hard to lose that much weight with the gastric bypass surgery. The day of the surgery I weighed about 328 pounds.

12. AlamoCity

I guess all of the weight ga

13. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's usually 3 to 5 pounds over the holidays.

I have been going to the gym like crazy and am about 9 pounds from my upper target weight of 178, which is 10 above where I was when I graduated from college.

I was getting blood results that weren't the best in certain areas and I had to do something about it. If I see desserts or if I go to a buffet, I will eat.

14. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Usually, I gain like 3 pounds over the holidays. I don't eat that much as I used to, so gaining 3 pounds is reasonable. When I get to a weight that I really don't like [135+ (I'm wicked skinny as it is)] I cut down anyway possible.

15. ninerw

I recently lost almost 20 pounds and finally hit the weight I was before I started college. Now that it has been Thanksgiving, my birthday and soon Christmas...that all was blown away. I started being pretty militant about counting calories, trying to live on 1000 calories a day. DON'T DO IT. I finally gave up. Truth is, if I watch what I eat and understand that there are things that are good for me and things that I do not need to be eating, then I am good. Plus I walk every day now at least 3 miles. Living in NYC helps because you walk everywhere, but at home in NC it is a bit harder.

16. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I normally gain wait and I gained a couple over thanksgiving, but I am keeping on top of it. There are websites like loseit and myfitnesspal that help with tracking calories. I use website sites like these, and they helped me to keep on top of how many calories I have been eating.

17. HighQualityLog

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    On the topic of weight, being gay and overweight/fat/obese/etc. sucks. Like. Really bad.
    Anyways, I digress. I have never considered any liquid protein diets. I have taste tested some samples before. One was good. One I nearly had an allergic reaction to.

18. AlamoCity

I guess all of the weight gain that occurs during the holiday is exacerbated by the rush of the season, the stress and hormones that don't help, and the rich food available everywhere one goes. I say enjoy it and work it off in the new year, but that's just me.

19. when they had me on anti-depressants becaue I wanted to kill myself when I was living a dishonest life after the conversion therapy - was massive 250lbs (I am 5' 4") , I tried every diet I could, protein liquids, high protein diet, cabbage soup. nothing worked. My cholesterol was awful, my blood pressure was awful and none of the meds got rid of me feeling horrible.

finally accepting who I was let me be healthy again I am back down to a size 8/10 better health than I have been since my mid twenties. (every droops now and I certainly don't look as good, but I feel fantastic)

I don't have any family or anything so I don't eat different during holidays than any other time. It is just winter vs summer usually about 5 pounds heavier.

20. TheUglyBarnacle

This. I'm of average weight, actually, but I hate seeing the number on the scales go up. Makes me feel anxious. I can tell when I've gained/lost weight when I look at the mirror. That's enough for me. XD