1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does He Like Me?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by supercoolguy91, Dec 20, 2013.

1. supercoolguy91

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Hello guys! Recently, I've been wondering about something, and I am hoping that you guys can help me figure it out. I guess I'll start from the beginning. I am a 22 year old African American college student. I have always considered myself straight and have never had any romantic feelings for another man. Last year, a friend of mine introduced me to this guy who is a year younger than me. I told him I did not like him because he looked like a rich white radical republican. Then, one day he came up to me and introduced himself to me. I was surprised at how nice he was. Fast forward to the beginning of this year. He persuaded me to join his fraternity. After initiation, we all found out who our bigs are. Even though he was not my big, he helped pick out a nice suit jacket for me. Over the summer break, I began to think and talk about him a lot. However, I did not think much of it. I assumed that I liked him like a brother. However, at the beginning of the school year, I noticed certain things. Whenever I get around him, I get very nervous. I start to smile uncontrollably. I also tease him more than anyone else. I also get this strange feeling in my gut. And whenever a conversation starts, I always talk about this guy. I'll even go to his usual hang out spots to see if he is there. At first, I was scared. I never identified as gay or bisexual, but I knew I could deny this no longer. I knew that I loved this guy. However, I have started wondering if he likes me back? I've been noticing signs that indicate that he might like me back as well. For example, we have what we call heart to hearts. This is where we have deep conversations about anything. Afterwards, he said he enjoys having these conversations with me. I also found out that I am one of two people he has these conversations with. We also had another conversation about a person who did something badly to him. When he found out that this person was my friend, he warned me about her. When I told him I would be alright, he looked at me for a long time and looked as though he was about to cry. We also had another heart to heart. I told him that I was going to leave the fraternity for a little while. He got upset and cursed at me. He wanted me to stick through all the tough times. He asked me to talk about it to him. I told him no because I do not like sharing personal things with anyone. He got angry with me and told me to tell him because he was there for me. We spent about an hour talking about things that nobody knew about us. Besides this, he does other things that make me wonder does he likes me. He comes up to me and gives me hugs, touches me on my back, shoulder, thighs, head, and my butt. He also goes out of his way to do things for me. He also tries to invite me to things as well. He also stares at me for a while. So, I finally had the courage to invite him to my room to play video games. During this time, he told me that I was a very vague person. I told him what does he mean and he said he says I feel like you want to tell me something but you are not telling me. He also told me that I should get my phone cut back on so we can make plans without people spoiling our time together. Finally, he always tells me to sit in the front seat with him in the car even when others are riding. I want to know, do you guys think that he likes me? I am a very shy person. My roommate tells me that I am an anti flirt because every time he makes a move on me, I end up pushing him away on accident. What should I do? Sorry for the long post!

#1 supercoolguy91, Dec 20, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
  2. anonomous

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    oh my god. you lucky thing. he deinitely fancies you. tell him you are bisexual (trust me you are) and if he says that he is too then ask him out. feel free to message me ifu want more advice. :grin:

3. supercoolguy91

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I would but I am scared because he is very religious. I don't know if he is aware that he likes me. Plus, all of his friends make it hard to get him alone.

4. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Great story! However, I don't think what you describe is a sure sign he's sexually into you. It could also be a very strong bromance, unless he does specific things just to you. Does he act homophobic when LGBT issues or news are brought up?

It seems your roommate is aware of the situation. However, your account says you're straight. Are you out to anyone? Coming out to this guy is the most concrete way to even the tables (you don't need to say you like him at the same time).

5. supercoolguy91

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Well, all those things I describe he only does when I am around. He acts differently towards me than to other people. He doesn't touch other guys like he touches me. Also, he loves to act macho around me a lot as well. He also seems to get very defensive when people try to hurt me. One time I told him someone slapped and he got very defensive saying he was willing to beat the person up. I don't want to seem that I am a weak dude though. Also, when two gay guys called him gay, he started to blush very hard. Some people are questioning his sexuality as well. However, at the moment, he is trying to go out with this girl. At first, he says it has been going well. Lately though, he told me it has been going ok. I would see him stare at her and then he would stare at me. Also, I have told 6 of my friends about my situation. Two of them says he is straight while the other 4 are pretty sure he is bisexual. When I invited him to my room, my roommate, who is gay, got vibes from him. He believes that the guy I like likes me as well.

#5 supercoolguy91, Dec 20, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
  6. toushirojaylee

Hi and welcome to ec! I think he likes you, he just cant admit it because he doesnt know how will you react. Same to you. You can confront him too. Goodluck. You will find courage soon.

7. supercoolguy91

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    How would you recommend I tell him?

8. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You could ask to go out but not call it a date. Just get some alone time with him, and then say what you want. You don't need to pour out your soul, but just show you really like him and are okay with whatever happens. It can be useful to say you're shy/nervous and basically invite him to comfort you and say "it's okay." He would probably do this naturally since he seems to care for you as a sort of protector.

9. supercoolguy91

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I was thinking of taking him out to eat and then talking to him about it. I feel like some people know that he might like me. However, I have to move fast because I might be leaving the school for good because of financial difficulties. Also, I forgot to mention that he commented on my looks. He saw me wearing a nice sweater and told me that I looked good in it. He looked at me again and told me that I looked handsome.

10. Loyalguy4

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    He most definitely likes you, good luck and don't be scared!

11. edgy

edgy Guest

oh my god! i want to be this lucky!

12. TyTy91

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    WOW wish I had a story like that. IDK he might really like you because the fact that he said that he thinks that you really want to tell him something. I think he may knows but then again who knows. Nowadays guys who you think are guy arent but the ones you dont think they're gay are or bisexual.

I dont know I guess the next time you have your real heart to heart talk ask him about his political views get his opinions on abortions and then bring out same sex marriage and LGBT events going on. In my opinion if he doesn't say good things about LGBT then he really isn't gay or bisexual he is just a friendly person to you, or if he does say positive things about same sex marriage and LGBT rights then that would give you the opportunity to come out to him whatever your sexuality is. But I don't know I think he likes you. But i'm not an expert I can barley talk to guys because I get nervous!

13. LaurieAnderson

There's no guarantees. Some men become extremely close; it's not as unusual as you think. I'm not sure there's any explicit signs of *something more* than friendship. My advice is simply to hang out with him and attempt to get a better sense of things. Unfortunately I think in order for anything to progress after that, you're straight up going to have to tell him/make a move. It's scary, but there's always the chance that it will turn into something of your dreams.