1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Dad is making me be tutored by him, and he might get an actual tutor

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by GayTornado, Dec 20, 2013.

1. GayTornado

Alright so today I come home ladadadada then my Dad tells me to come over to him. He tells me that he wants me to study maths with him or a tutor for the rest of the holidays, everyday (Until the end of January) for one hour to study for a test being held AT THE END OF NEXT YEAR. We did a 'session' today and it was absolutely HORRIBLE. I mean, I'm no kid genius, but I damn well know what an interger is. And he was trying to push me along like I was some sort of dumba**. I know I got some questions wrong, but maybe it was because I DIDN'T EXPECT TO BE AT SCHOOL DURING MY HOLIDAYS!!!! I understand that's only an hour a day but THERE'S 10 OTHER MONTHS WHEN YOU COULD BE DOING IT!!!

Grrrr.... does anyone have any advice at all.

2. at you age you pretty much have to do what is not rel abuse, and having your education directed is not considered in any way abuse

doing this with my parents would have been awful, I think the best would be to explain that to him and ask for the tutor, a tutor would treat you with far more respect most likelky and be better in how do do it - plus learning is always a good thing. one hour a day is not going to kill you

my parents also required this of me and it helped me immensely as I went into professions later

3. Richie.

You might actually benefit from this. We all have to do things we don't want to do.

4. Loyalguy4

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    gahhhh D: i wouldn't do this

5. Nikky DoUrden

I can offer a suggestion based on my thesis that not many people can teach, so maybe your dad isn't "born teacher" so you're not having a ball there.
    You can tell him you want someone else (tutor as you said) to teach u, and change if it doesn't fit.
    Eventually this is for your benefit, many people wish they had the option you have when they were younger, so take it as an oppertunity and not as a chore :slight_smile:

EDIT: forgot to say the most important stuff - learning can be fun, a wise man said once "there are not bad students, only bad teachers", and even if you don't like math you can take it as a challenge, and the accomplishment feeling afterwards can be great :slight_smile:
    One last thing - you can ask your dad to change the intervals of your study, from 1 hour each day to 1 hour every other day, with the reasoning you'll do your best but u don't want it to feel like a punishment, he might understand if you explain it right :slight_smile:

#5 Nikky DoUrden, Dec 21, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
  6. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Is your performance in school bad enough that he thinks you need such treatment? If not, is there any chance of telling him to back off because you don't need extra help? It's unrealistic of him to expect grades to be in the high 90's or 100's for everything.