1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dumped just in time for Xmas.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Tracks, Dec 21, 2013.

1. Tracks

So... I got dumped yesterday. I'm tired of being alone at Xmas. Don't worry, I'm not suicidal or anything, and to be honest this is really weird for me to even be talking about my life at all, but I sorta need to vent somewhere, even if I'm the only one who knows it's here.

I don't understand dating or relationships on a good day. This made me really sad, and I'm a little butt hurt at her... She knows how bad the holidays were and are for me... And even told me a few weeks ago that this would be a good one. Why was I introduced to her mom, taken to church, invited to dinner parties, taking her to and from the airport in crepe weather the day before the dumping to get that treatment? Why do that? Why let me around your kids and let me start to get attached to them? Hell, even the way she did it was horrible... Came by to drop off her mug she left in my car, she invites me in dumps me and says she has no time to talk more about it because she has to leave for an appointment at her kids school?wtf? (Couldn't you spend the time on your relationship you'd devote to washing your hair?) It almost feels like I got dumped just for the holidays to save stress of gift shopping or something.

I'm glad I didn't tell her about the job before she dropped me. Lol. Wouldn't want pity.

I have a very small family, and not a lot of friends. Most have either passed away ( I'm not very old, but have had a lot of people die on me) or live out of state. My last major relationship... We never got to do Christmas together due to some really awful family politics on her side. She passed away. I'm really tired of people dying and/or leaving me. I guess it saves money on cards.

I'm beginning to ramble. I'm going to shut up now. I hate this time of year. I would love this to be a time where I could be surrounded by people who loved me. But now I'm just gonna go and return these gifts to the store. You shouldn't unwrap things you wrapped to return.

2. same thing happened to me not too long along and i too felt weird unwrapping her gift to return to the store. youre not alone. im sorry things didnt work out but sooner or later youll find someone worthy and who will make you feel a million dollars. some people are just poopy. i guess she may be one of those, if she didnt give you an 'answer' and fobbed you off with some random excuse its better that she is out of your life tbh as you ahould always be worth the truth. its better not to know why she did all these things and always wonder than to know and get hurt even more.

taking her gift back to the store is a good thing even though it might not feel like it, a little plus point you have extra cash to spend on mince pies or w/e you want. use the money to treat yourself :slight_smile:

there is always next year to find someone special :slight_smile:

(*hug*)(*hug*)

3. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

(*hug*)(*hug*)

4. RainbowMan

(*hug*) (*hug*)

5. I am sorry

(*hug*) (*hug*)

6. Bradley97

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    (*hug*)Sorry to hear about the breakup, but if that is the way she acted then you deserve better.

For me Xmas is a time for family and friends, appreciate those who love you unconditionally.

7. Sailorsheart

Been there, had that done to me and I did not even get a t-shirt. I am not making light of it not at all. This is not my favorite time of the year and having had it happen to me I have an understand of how you feel. There is a new year just around the corner and believe me what you are feeling now will go away. (*hug*)

8. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm sorry to hear this. The holidays are tough. Sometimes, I find that I sort of retreat to events where I don't have to see groups of people in such joyous moods. I almost feel that laying low is better than subjecting myself to that. My family is also very small now and not incredibly united. Is there a drive or small road trip you can take, just to clear your head and be good to yourself?

9. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I know how hard it is for a relationship to end. My last major relationship, my partner died too. If my boyfriend was here right now he could also relate to what you said, as his ex dumped him last Christmas after about almost 11 yrs of marriage, and having a relationship with her children. He spent Christmas night sleeping in a truck camper, and was so burned out by it all that he swore he'd never get close to anyone emotionally ever again. The thing is though, her dumping him gave him the opportunity to find someone who truly loves him. All I can tell you is what someone else already said, that there is always next year to find someone special to you too. (*hug*)

10. Tracks

I'm so touched by everyone's warmth. Thank you all for reaching out to me. I talked to my dead girls mom last night. Her husband died a few months ago. It's hard, but I did what I could to make her feel better. That... That hurt? But I think it helped her mom and that somehow felt good.

11. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey.. sorry to hear about you getting dumped. Great timing ... NOT

... but lets face it Christmas sucks for most people unless you are 12 or under !

I decided to spend today (Dec 25th) alone. And I am not sad about it. Both parents died at this time of year. My brothers and sister are abroad. So I am just going to chill out and enjoy the peace and tranquility (no buses, trains running.. hardly any cars on the street...)

I hope 2014 develops in to a great year for you and everyone on EC..

(&&&)