1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting yourself out there in a small town

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Simple Thoughts, Dec 21, 2013.

1. Simple Thoughts

I'd like to give the whole 'dating' thing a try. I mean I'm the kind of loser who has had a total of one gf and no bf's in my whole life. I've just never really had the kind of confidence a person needs to get through the front door. Things are a bit different now, but I really lack experience in the 'game' I guess it's called.

My problem now is that I'd really like to explore my interest in men. I think it's a mix of current desire as well as overall preference, but there aren't really gay bars around here, or even support groups anywhere. It's just me and a town that's got a like 50/50 homophobe ratio.

Basically, I'd like to get out and meet some guys, but I don't even know where to look, what to say, or what to do 0.0

2. Loyalguy4

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Have you tried online dating? My friend met someone really really nice and reliable, so he's thinking of trying a long-distance relationship, and a date around this time next year. Don't worry about homophobes, I promise you that there are some good guys out there, just have to know where to look.

3. Simple Thoughts

I don't like online dating.

I just feel like it's one of those 'doomed to failure' deals. Too bad the closest Gay anything is a 2hr drive and I have no car :frowning2:

4. Simple Thoughts

I was thinking though. In a slighter larger town about 20 min away from where I live they've opened up a cafe type deal. I could try going there on busier days and picking up a LGBT book to read, and maybe I'd get lucky and catch someone that way? xD