1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why can't I let go of him?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Lewnatic, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Lewnatic

I was seeing this guy for a few months. He was a closet, and our entire relationship was built upon that foundation. He asked me to wait for a relationship and, like a fool, I agreed. Things went from bad to worse from that point on and he became distant, yet always told me I was just over-thinking. Eventually, I became ill for three weeks with glandular fever and obviously couldn't see him in that time. He maintained he miss me, but my gut said something was up. Eventually, over a month later, he admitted that he hadn't missed me as much as he thought he would and didn't say anything because he was hoping he could go back to liking me as much as he did before, because there was a point he liked me more than anything.

Things ultimately ended because he continuously messed me about and wouldn't make any effort, one minute he wanted a relationship and the next he wasn't ready. I thought it was in my best interest to let go, so I told him it was over and blocked his number, deleted him from Facebook and Twitter. It seemed to be working, as over a month passed and I hadn't thought about it much. But then I went on holiday and things all changed...

I'm from the UK, and for my 21st birthday my parents took me to Orlando Florida! Once there, my mum handed me my birthday cards that had been posted and as I opened them one by one, I found one from HIM. "Lew, happy 21st birthday. Enjoy your holiday. Love Nick xxx"
    ...It just didn't make any sense to me, I had blocked him from everything, I don't get why he would want to contact me. My mum told me she saw him post it directly through our door one night when it was just her in, and she had wondered why he didn't knock on the door to do it in person. I unblocked his number, and thanked him for his nice gesture. He was overly nice to me, as if we were in the place we were right when we first met. I told him I'd text him when I was back in the UK, but I decided not to... However, he ended up texting me. He was putting in a lot of effort, so I told him he was confusing me. He said "Sometimes it takes losing something to realize how important it is. I either want to be your friend or the inevitable: your boyfriend."

Like a fool I bought into all of this, and we got involved again. But it was all false promise, he didn't arrange to meet me and he wasn't putting in any effort. One day, he had been out partying and had to go into work the next morning. He was still over the limit and couldn't drive, so I offered. The moment I did he basically said "cool can you pick me up a McDonald's on the way? Thanks."

I lost all my dignity in that drive through picking up his hangover food...

I didn't get so much as a thank you when I dropped him off, just a peck on the lips and a "I'll let you know how it goes!" But he never did. Three days passed and I never heard from him. On the third day, he eventually text me saying "just realised we've not spoke for three days." I thought "YOU BLOODY THINK?!" but decided not to reply. I thought he could sweat it out. Almost two days passed and he eventually took the hint that he'd done something wrong and asked "this isn't going very well is it?"
    I didn't reply to that either and then he did something that's been annoying me 3 weeks later... He blocked me from everything.

Now I've learned from a mutual friend that he's been on a certain social networking application that I can't mention on here, and has been trying to meet up for hook ups. I don't know what to feel... I feel crushed, I miss him, I hate him, I'm so angry, I just want to let go... I wish I'd never met him but I fell for him so hard. Please, does anyone have any advice?

2. ryanalexander61

this might sound stupid but getting over someone is like digestion, there is no way to make it go faster. it just takes time.

3. Lewnatic

Well hand me the fast forward button! I'm sick of the pain :frowning2: