1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cant handle being bored...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Caillin, Dec 23, 2013.

1. Caillin

This my be a little random but it is killing me I am so bored like its at night and i cant sleep because I am so bored so i go to imagination land for hours but then i get bored so I just pace around my room or house trying to find something to do in the middle of the night it is now morning and i have not got any sleep I dont know what to do I have nothing to help my boredom. Also I probably have schizoid personality disorder which you can get really bored and tend to daydream alot. btw its not A.D.D. So does any one have the slightest clue how to stop boredom even for a little bit. :bang: :icon_sad:

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think staying up at night is boredom; it's insomnia. Do you normally wake up at the same time every day? That's the best regulation I think. Lots of people have their brains light up at night, but a standardized sleep schedule means you get used to being sleepy at the same time every night, and even if you want to stay up, you feel yourself fading.

3. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I fight against my bed time I still get up at the same time now I'm in a job with a regular schedule.

I have the mentality "I need to stay up late so I don't miss anything" even if anyone else I am with is already asleep.

4. Caillin

I dont think its insomnia since its like i said I probably have schizoid which some people with it experience like daydreaming alot and that's partially why I can sleep is because I will keep my mind active all night day dreaming.

5. optionthree

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't know, it doesn't sound like insomnia, which used to affect me badly, but I suppose it could be schizoid personality disorder.

6. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have you spoken to a medical professional?

I'm not schizophrenic, but I sure don't sleep and have had racing thoughts, which I am treated for. Feel pretty good now.

7. Movies. I'm an insomniac (and a handful of other fun disorders). I just watch films, draw,make late night munchies food, go on reddit, and such. It's a cycle. Netflix is a (cheap) life saver.

8. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Try something that you have never done before. Expand your horizons. There are a lot of things out there that don't cost money or are very cheap too.