1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do i accept myself not for knowing?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by solemn, Dec 24, 2013.

1. solemn

How do I accept myself for not knowing my sexual orientation?

How do I accept myself for the fact and I question myself?

I've spent the time trying to figure myself out and desperately trying to match a label that feels appropriate to who I am. But have fallen short.

There are days when I feel im not being true to myself, but how and when I do know what my true self is.

What am I meant to do?

I'm 21 and feel I should know this by now.
    I know life is about discovering who we are. so how do I accept this right now.

2. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Look, life is a journey. I've gone through career changes went back to school to get two masters degrees and started to recognize the person I am. In my 30s. Your just a baby still. You are coming to grips with who you are. Straight gay bi trans whatever, everyone has to eventually figure out who they are.

Are you a good person? Who cares who you love or what you wear or your mannerisms. Love yourself first.

I like myself I hope you see your own self and like it sometime.

(*hug*)

Hugs.

3. solemn

thank you for the quick response.
    I guess im still trying to understand what love really is...

But is there a correct way to base orientation? its purely based on the person on who you wanna spend the rest of your life or just a gender category? Kind of asking for discuss I guess.

4. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If everyone did everything at the same time, life would be insanely boring. Some people are just naturally not thinking much about sex at all, and something even more complicated like orientation goes under the radar. Also, you might have been busy with the rest of life to notice, which isn't a bad thing.

5. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No one can tell you who to love. Love is not sex. Sex is a biological means of procreation. Love is a construct of the human mind where there is no right or wrong. You can love without sex or have sec without love or both. Things aren't black and white. What makes you happy? Go with that.

6. ASAP Deakey

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    +1 what Kasey says

I don't always feel happy with where I am at 20, I often feel like I should've learnt a bit more about myself by now, advanced a bit more in relationships and sexuality and all that jazz but to be honest, we are where we are, and that's fine.

7. Twdc

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I feel the same way! All my life I thought I knew what I wanted now I'm so confused:frowning2: and scared to go with it

8. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I thought i was bi most of my life and found out i'm actually lesbian a few days ago I know the feeling I still wonder how i didn't know for so long .

9. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Everyone is beautiful. Life is treasured no one should dictate how you live. Find your own path to happiness and follow it. That is the true path. There is no right or wrong.

10. Aces88

Out Status:
    Family only
    I'm 25 and I don't know what I am either... I'm just coming to terms with acknowledging that i'm not straight (to people who aren't me, anyway). I think guys are great to look at, but I have no interest in anything other then looking. Women on the other hand... So what does that make me...I'm just trying not to let labels dictate me. Sure, I kind of think my life partner is going to be a woman, but if I happen to meet a guy who steals my heart, just let love be love.

11. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Love that. You go girl! (*hug*)

12. suninthesky

If I could've told my questioning self anything it would've been to not get hung up on labels. You might find a label that fits, you might not. It really honestly doesn't matter as much as we think it does at the time.

I honestly think the more I relaxed and stopped worrying about figuring it all out, the more freely I found my true self. Just relax and be you, and the rest will come in time.

For me, I found the label of transman, transgender, ftm, whichever. I imagined my future self. I saw a normal guy, a father, not a mother. I saw how I felt inside and how I wanted to be perceived by society.

I also found the label of straight, because I tend to be into women. Like Aces, it doesn't mean if a striking guy comes my way and accepts me for who I am and is into me that I wouldn't give it a chance.

Just be you. I know it's hard, but it's what I wish I would've done.