1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New feelings! Help!

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Twdc, Dec 25, 2013.

1. Twdc

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Idk what it is, but everytime i see her like part of me feels so weak, but when she talks about her girl I feel so jealous, she's my best friend and she thinks I'm straight and she's super gay, how do you get over someone you talk to and see everyday:/ I've always thought I was straight but I have these strong feelings for her the type that make me reconsider being straight. Why do I feel this way:frowning2: do I just really enjoy her friendship since I've never had a lesbian friend or what's wrong With me:,(.

2. Silver Sparrow

It seems like you have a crush on her.

3. Twdc

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I know but how do I get over it:/

4. Mogget

Unwanted emotions are always tough to handle. There's a few things I do when I have them

1) I practice mindfulness. I try to be aware of what thoughts and feelings I have, and to acknowledge that I have them. Sometimes just admiting that I feel a certain way can help my mind to move on from that thought or feeling

2) I don't try to force myself not to think or feel a certain way. Thoughts and feelings aren't really under our control. They arise in our minds and all we can really do is react to them. So I try to react to my thoughts and feelings in appropriate ways. Sometimes that means I just notice them and redirect my attention elsewhere, sometimes that means I talk to a friend about them, and sometimes it means I write about them.

3) On that note, I journal. I write about what's going on in my mind; putting my thoughts on paper sometimes means I don't have to handle them in my head

Hope that helps!