1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2nd time being shauned at for being gay in Xmas day

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Drago2012, Dec 25, 2013.

1. Drago2012

The first time was back in 2006 at my mom's Xmas dinner and her boyfriend told me straight up "People like you go to hell, you know?". At that time, I stood up and left the house.
    This time, my bbf and I were chilling at my other buddy's house and his dad was wasted drunk and high as a kite and during a conversation he was wondering why I had no kids, being almost 30 years old, so he wondered "What? are you gay?" and I said yes, he replies "Well, I've been a Skin Head since the 80s"... a lot of talking later (after mentioning the word faggot among other insults) I said "Well, should I leave then?" and he says to the "Well, if you don't, I'll kick you out", I stood up said good bye and left with my bbf.
    1 minute before asking that we were buddies and he wanted to add me on FB, the next minute he wants to fight me and maybe even kill me. He did mention he had a gun multiple times. So I indeed was in fear for my life at one point....
    I really can't believe how someone like that can have such awesome son who I'm friend with and never had a single problem with me being gay....
    EDIT: Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I just needed to write about it and get it off me.

#1 Drago2012, Dec 25, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2013

2. this is someone your mother is dating, you did say boyfriend

I would simply tell her, not coming over ever again unless he is not there and will NOT be there, he has stated flat out he wants to kill me and I am not safe around him. If you care so little for my safety fine, however you are welcome in MY home just he is NOT.

you should never have to go anyplace you are in danger.

3. AKTodd

Sorry you had to go thru this man(*hug*)

Maybe next year you should consider some kind of get together with just the friends and/or family you know will be supportive of you? Some sort of potluck/group meal thing. Starting your own holiday traditions has a long history and precedent in the LGBT community.

Take care,

Todd

4. Drago2012

The first time was my mom's boyfriend, yes. But yesterday was a friend's dad...
    I'll just never know how someone can hate another person solely for their sexual orientation. I mean, he really liked me before he knew I was gay, and then, it was like the flip of a switch... I was no longer welcomed in his house and I got the felling that he wanted to punch me straight in the face, I even got ready for it. If it wasn't for my buddy trying to calm him down, it probably would have been much worse.