1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Conflicted and Confused

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Bosho, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Bosho

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi, I'm a 20 year old man. I thought I was straight up until about a month ago. This all changed when I met a guy. Normally when I meet a guy I just treat it as a friendship and we hang out sometimes and that is that. This guy is different. He is immensely kind and caring towards me. I know that he identifies as gay and he knows that I identify as straight. The thing is, I feel that I am developing feelings towards him. We hung out a few times and even kissed a few times. When ever we do, he says "you must enjoy it" jokingly. I know he only means it to joke around, but I can't help thinking what I am doing with him is wrong. Another thing bothering me is our unexpected group of mutual friends; long story short, I had a few close calls of being outed. These situations made me very anxious and worried. Not only about myself, but worried about my friend as well. If I were to be outed as a bisexual, I know for a fact that horrible and harsh consequences from not only society, but my own family and friends would be waiting for me. I want to talk to him about all of this, but I don't want to offend him or weird him out. He's such a great guy. No one has ever had my back like he has before in my life. This kinda sucks, I have had a horrible feeling and demeanor about me for about two weeks now and I haven't been myself because of this issue. I just don't know what to do.

2. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    1.) you aren't wrong. You're human.
    2.) I want to be out as transgender but it's hard. I know what you mean. I think my dad is not homophobic and my mom loves me I know, but both want their son to be straight and have grand kids for them. Also my job... I love it and I don't think expressing myself to the public would be good for it.
    3.) He cares for you. You know that. **** the haters. Take his love and run with it as long as you are happy with yourself. Gay, bi, straight, whatever. Be happy.

3. Bosho

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thank you for your thoughts. Should I talk to him? I should point out that due to a recent nerve wracking situation, we don't really talk that often. I don't know if he is upset with me or something. I worry about him. He's done a great deal to keep the things we due under wraps.

4. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Definitely talk to him. Clear the air and make sure he is alright as well as you. You two seem to be in this together.

5. Bosho

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm normally alright with confrontation, but I've never had to deal with something so sensitive by myself before. I don't even know what to say.

6. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, use me as a sounding board. Tell me what you would say to him. If you feel comfortable doing so only of course.

But think of it as a dry run.

7. jvn95

I would talk to him about this.

For your sake because you feel this way right now.

8. Bosho

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I thought about it for a large portion of the day yesterday and finally asked him just when I was going to bed. Fortunately, I start my best discussions when lying in bed. The conversation was very short but I was reassured that he was not angry or upset with me regarding the previous situation we were in. As a next step, I would like to talk to him about my budding feelings about him and the time we have spent together. I think he feels the same but I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch. The thought of this conversation really worries me because I think I'm bi and I really don't know how to approach this possible conversation. I feel if I do, I will really risk losing our already great friendship (although, at this point I would call it a friends with benefits relationship as we have fooled around on a few occasions). Anyone got any thoughts or opinions on this matter? Everyone has been great so far, I can't thank you all enough.