1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MAAB GQ & bars

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by confuzzled82, Dec 29, 2013.

1. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm MAAB and genderfluid or genderqueer, or something along those lines (not exactly certain), and have really been feeling less like a guy lately. I've been to a gay bar a few times, and actually, have somewhat felt uncomfortable there. I've had drunk guys trying to lift my kilt, and occasionally even dealt with guys that were (I can't find the right word) in their attitudes about people who are MAAB and like guys, but aren't homosexual. I never stuffed my top when going there.

Lately, I've been feeling a bit more dysphoric about my body, and have been stuffing my top a bit. (Not when I'm at work, I'm not out about gender issues there). I've gone out of the house a couple times like this. I've been considering going to a lesbian bar, and wondering what to expect. I'd be mostly interested in meeting people, possibly making some friends.

What should I expect? Would I get laughed out of there? Kicked out of there? Made fun of? Completely ignored? ??? :help:

Edit: I should mention, I have been considering a necklace similar to this one : http://www.ebay.com/itm/PEWTER-Tran...5?pt=Fashion_Jewelry&var=&hash=item53ecd2227f and I have an earring similar to this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/CLIMBING-PE...1?pt=Fashion_Jewelry&var=&hash=item1e830f9295

#1 confuzzled82, Dec 29, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2013
  2. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's hard to be a transgender/androgynous person. You don't necessarily fit in even with straight or gay people sometimes because each social group conforms to one ideal. You need to find a place local to you that is trans friendly rather than just a gay club. If they advertise it, call and really ask.

I oftentimes wonder myself. I do the chameleon as I call it. Male around people who don't know. Female elsewhere. But it's tough.(&&&)

3. Ames

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    agree wth Kasey Gay bars might not be the place for you, need to find more of a trans friendly atmosphere. That said there maybe a fair amount for gay/ lesbian people there but more opening minded trans or genderfluid people like us dont have the numbers yet as other groups do