1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Falling out of love?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by GreyFox, Dec 30, 2013.

1. GreyFox

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've been struggling to admit this to myself for several months now but.. I think I may have fallen out of love with my gf. I went to sleep last night feeling extremely sad over this. we've been together several years, and I know how much she loves me... but, I don't feel like I'm attracted to her anymore.

I feel like lately, it's been nothing but disagreements between us which has also been causing a wedge between us. I"m not sure if she feels it, but I certainly do. All I know is, I don't want to hurt her. She's a good person, and I wouldn't want to lose her completely, but If i'm not in love or physically attracted to her anymore, I don't know how I can be a good fit to her.

I don't know what to do or even what to say...

2. Simple Thoughts

Hello :slight_smile:

I think that perhaps you should talk to her. Tell her how you're feeling, and what you're experiencing lately. You don't want to string someone along on a relationship that you feel is dead. The longer you hold on, the more bitter the feelings are when you split apart, and the more pain that's dealt to everyone involved.

Having said that, however, I think that perhaps from the way you describe it perhaps you are just experiencing an emotional problem between the two of you. Maybe you can try doing something spontaneous and revive the spark between the two of you, and even talk about how you feel there is a wedge between the two of you, and you can work on fixing it. :slight_smile:

3. jvn95

Talk to her, please.

It's takes so much courage to say it, but please do.

What you just typed here, say that to her.

4. GreyFox

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you for replying. Sometimes its easier to come to terms with things when you talk about it and have people gives their opinions.

Anyway, I feel like a jerk because we sort of started talking about it via text (this is a LDR) anyway i told her i feel emotionally distant, and i'll take it from there to see how i'm feeling. I hate these sorts of situations :frowning2:

5. Simple Thoughts

Don't worry. I'm sure you'll work things out for better or worse and either be happy together or move on and find someone to make you happy ^.^