1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I stop feeling guilty for being a homosexual ?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Beware Of You, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Beware Of You

Everytime I kiss a guy, sleep with a guy or just be the gay person I am I just feel really guilty, I sometimes cry and wish I could be straight, I am tempted to self harm and I sometimes even get suicidal thoughts based on me thinking "why did I give in again"

2. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :frowning2:
    I've never been with a guy, but sometimes I have similar feeling just thinking about guys the way I do...
    But I tell myself that it's not my fault. It's not a bad thing; it doesn't hurt anyone. It's just love. You can be a good person regardless of your attraction to males. (*hug*)

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You can't change who you are or who you love. Being straight might be easier, but it definitely is not better.

Remember, you deserve love and intimacy just as much as any straight person. Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs has sex and love as some of the most fundamental parts of a healthy life.

4. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "You must unlearn everything you have learned"

- Yoda

This is such a true statement. You have been programmed by society to reject everything that isn't heterosexual and heteronormative.

Don't harm yourself. Don't hate yourself. Just BE yourself.

5. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You feel guilty because you still think of gayness as a reprehensible urge rather than a benign preference.

You can't think of it as "giving in" as if you're fighting a destructive addiction. Just remind yourself that gay love is just as beautiful, and if you're the religious type, godly as straight.

6. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to feel the same way when I was younger, but once I realized that I had no reason to be ashamed, my feelings changed. I became a bit more confident in myself and with that confidence came strength and the courage to fully accept how I felt. The next time you kiss a guy, open your eyes and really think about how kissing him makes you feel. It's it just a feeling of guilt afterwards or during as well?

What you're feeling is natural, so please do not self harm. And you know that suicide should never be considered a solution to any problem that you're having. Do you have any friends in real life that are LGBT? I will admit that if my friend was not bisexual, I'd be all alone.

#6 pinklov3ly, Jan 1, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
  7. alex1170

this

8. biggayguy

You are gay and that's okay! God doesn't make junk. You are a nice person. You are improving every day. Replace negative words with good things about yourself.

9. lovely lesbian

When I first realised I was gay i felt the same still do sometimes but I feeling less and less guilty about it because I shouldn't feel guilty about I feel and neither should you or anyone else because you are who are and you can't change that I hope this helps x

10. DDT

DDT

I'm in the same boat sometimes lol I get really self conscious when I find myself doing "gay things" but its getting easier just let it happen. "Those who mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind" Dr Sues