1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So this might be a problem for me.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by girlonfire, Jan 2, 2014.

1. girlonfire

I've been getting over a crush (which was very difficult by the way, but I think I'm finally succeeding), but in the process of realizing my sexuality completely and getting over said crush, I've been "noticing" my friends more and some unwanted, unconscious thoughts that I quickly ban from my mind pop up occasionally. Now that I'm finally free from my straight crush I'm worried I'm falling into another, and I need to stop it NOW before it gets way out of hand again.

So basically it's girl I've been friends with for a bit less than a year, she is yes very pretty although she doesn't realize it which is sad, but when I've been around her I've been more nervous than usual, not to the point that I won't go up to her because I'm afraid I'll embarrass myself or let on to some feelings but more like there are tiny little butterflies in my stomach sometimes that I can acknowledge. I mean, it's possible she's not straight for all I know, she's never told me about any guys, but then again I guess I wouldn't really expect that, and besides I've gone for longer than the time we've been good friends without a crush, so I don't know. She doesn't know I'm not a heterosexual teenage girl (although we joke about me "liking" some really obnoxious kid because I stupidly pulled a sixth grade "so who do you like" question while I was perfectly aware that I liked a girl).

So.....yeah. I really don't like straight crushes. Anyone know what I should do here?

2. sanguine

thats tough, all I can say is you have limited options, you can avoid her for a long time, or atleast limit how many times you see her per week and the interacts (not to the point where she thinks you're crazy and weird and obviously avoiding her), mostly because you need to let these things run its course.

Or you can telling her, but thats risky, and even if she does let you down, that in itself is a solution. Still probably an option you want to avoid.