1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So in love at work...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Seagypsy, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Seagypsy

I am so in love with someone who I work with.... and she seems to feel something for me, too. The question is, does she like me as much as I like her, and how can I relax around her?? I fell for her pretty much instantly the minute I met her, she just had that unmistakeable energy that I am drawn to, which I find in very few people... and within just a few seconds of chatting, we agreed with each other's opinions and I felt sparks :newcolor:

She is such a beauty, she is slim and petite, and so cute (although I am rather curvy!) such beautiful eyes, lips I can't stop staring at and she has the most adorable short, tousled hair (she had it really long when I first met her but even then, I fancied her, which is really unusual for me!) Everything that happens between us, I just think "wow!" Nobody has made me feel like that before...

I wasn't sure at first if she was bi/les or hetro, but I now know she is bi, like me... she seems to really like me too, but I'm not sure if it's because she knows I'm that much into her, or if she really feels the same intensity as I do...? It feels as though it's mutual though... she has flirted a bit, and admired my clothes, and she actually stroked my arm at work yesterday! It was very subtle to anyone watching, as she bent down besides me to pick up something from the floor, but it was obvious to me that she meant it! It was so sweet and tender... it was near the end of the day and I think she was trying to say sorry for not speaking to me much yesterday. It felt like she had struck a match on my arm and chucked it down inside me, the way my heart caught fire! :eusa_danc

I think she is dating someone though - a guy... and I don't think she wants to be dating him..... her family is Hindu and I think they may be trying to set her up in marriage :frowning2:

I can't even relax around her now, I'm such a nervous wreck, not because she might be dating this guy but because I am just so crazy about her! I feel it's too soon to have this big a crush on her but that's how I feel about her...! We are both around 30ish and yet I feel like a teenager again... I feel so foolish. I feel like I 'outed' myself to her before I even knew what her orientation was, and that has freaked me out because normally I don't admit to liking girls... but I just sent her flirty texts with a X and she responded the same way, and we shared such a special moment at a party just before Christmas... but I just keep thinking what if things go wrong between us and she decides to marry the guy and not pursue things further with me, I think I will be utterly heartbroken if that happens...!!! :tears:

How can I relax and try to focus on my work, and just try to enjoy the special moments we have, when I just feel so strongly for her already that I just want to take her home with me every night.....??! :help:

#1 Seagypsy, Jan 4, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
  2. kessiej

Ask her out...even for just coffee!!! She can only say no, and then at least you'll know where you stand.

Good Luck xxx

3. Seagypsy

Thanks, well I kinda asked her out last night actually - on Friday night many of our workmates go to a local pub near work so I texted her and asked if she was coming to the pub, but she didn't reply..... I think she was probably seeing that guy... :-(

4. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know she seems great and all but to me this sounds like a clear violation of rule 5: Don't get involved with people from work.

Everybody seems to focus on the good but the truth is that most relationships don't work out that's why just about everyone has been on dates with more than one person. What happens if you date for a while then it doesn't work out? Could you stand to be around her at work every day then? It just makes things awkward.

To me the best thing you can do is become good friends it's nice to have a partner in crime that you can hang with and relate to. Just remember not to forget rule 4: don't get involved with friends.

5. Seagypsy

[/COLOR]

#5 Seagypsy, Jan 4, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
  6. kessiej