1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

trying to comeout to myself

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Asterac22, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Asterac22

Well, i have known i was different for a while but always ignored it because i didn't want to think about it. After leaving school i did a plastering course which i got bullied on for "acting" gay but once that had finished i just ignored it and moved on. so about 3 years later (aka end of December) me and my friend went to the pub for a drink after work whilst we was there some drunken guys started chanting homophobic chants at me and my friend because it was just us 2 with couple of pints, we stood our ground and didn't leave, they ended up moving on and my friend asked me if i was alright because i was visibly shaking so i told him about my plastering course and he just came out and asked if i am gay or not. Without even thinking i just said i am bi and he was very supportive and it makes me feel ready to explore myself more but i am unsure where to start! :frowning2: (!)(!)(!)(!)(!)

2. Hey Zach! That's awesome that your friend is supportive, that must make you feel great!

Sorry to hear about the bullying, no one deserves that. Has that experience prevented you from exploring your true self? Are there any lgbt groups in your area that could help you make friends? I'm still working on that part myself so you're not the only one.

As I'm pretty limited to give out advice on this subject I'm sure other members on here will be able to give you some ideas on how to get out of your shell. Good luck to you!

3. Asterac22

feel like its made me not want to think about myself at all really.I think there are a few in my area that would be a good idea to visit them but quite scared as its out my comfort zone