1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More than one relationship...?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Seagypsy, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Seagypsy

I just wondered, how many of you have actually had more than one relationship at the same time?

I know that some of my bisexual friends have ended up seeing several different people, but I'm not sure if I'd want to get into that situation........ however, I have agreed to a dinner date next Sat with a girl I really liked last year....!! So if anything develops with my other crush, then I am not sure what to do!

But since my crush is dating someone else as well, it's only fair I shouldn't pin all my hopes on her!

I just wondered, though, how many of you would do this as an ongoing situation, i.e. dating/sleeping with more than one person of the same sex??? And if so, why would you do it? I am just curious... :icon_wink

2. baby

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Its probably best not to actually be in a legitimate relationship with more than one person at a time, but if you're just going out like to dinner and such with multiple that's different. You're just kinda getting to know them.

3. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I once dated 3 girls online at the same time they all knew about each other and did not have a problem with it but they competed for my love i kinda felt bad when that happened .

4. confused1234

I have a policy of not dating multiple people at the same time, even if it's really early on (like a first or second date). I like to focus my attention on one person.

5. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I doubt my ability to handle ONE let alone two...but I wouldn't feel comfortable with more than one anyway

6. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I doubt I'm able to date one person at a time let alone multiple people.

7. Bibliophile

While it is possible it is very hard. All three people are best off being into each other rather then into ONE individual in the relationship. If that is the case that single individual will have to work HARD to ensure that their mates get the attention and affection they need without ignoring the other.

8. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I tend to avoid people that are seeing other people because i had a bad experience with it I would make them choose flat out if they want me or the other person if you can't pick cya .

9. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is actually a very contemporary and much deeper problem than it appears. When hookups and other such flings (to use an old-fashioned term) are so frequent and easily obtained through various social media, a whole market mentality takes over. As in marketing, packaging and presentation are everything.

Think about it; we have allowed ourselves to become merchandise! We are confronted with the maddening possibilities of too many choices, and of the fear of making a mistake and later regretting the ones we had earlier chosen to reject.

It has completely changed the dynamics of dating, for the worse I believe, there is no substance or depth to any of these things. No time to get to know someone or to discover and ultimately forgive the inevitable flaws that we find in each other.

To even call it "dating" is a quaint reference to times past. Just one question: how can we ever love anyone without taking the time to truly get to know someone?

10. Foster

Haha, I can't even get one girl let alone more than one ;_;

11. Seagypsy

Yes I agree it's better if all 3 people are into each other.... Which would still feel odd to me because I tend to fancy certain individuals and can't really imagine having a threesome, even with 2 gorgeous girls....! What exactly would 3 girls do in bed together??? Serious question, I'm really intrigued as to what they would do together.....

Great whale, I totally agree and love your post too! ;-)