1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feelings on dating a super virgin?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Shyguy5, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Shyguy5

I was wondering from the members that have been in a relationship before (gay or straight), what are your thoughts on dating someone that's never be in one? In other words, would you date a "super virgin?"

A guy from class was telling me about him meeting a new guy after breaking up with his boyfriend. He asked me if I've ever had a boyfriend but I told him no. He replied "Why?!" Afterwards, I felt bad as if I did something wrong.

I've never been kissed by or dated anyone (guy or girl) so would guy think there's something wrong with me.

2. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When it comes to guys I'm a super virgin and I've only ever dated or had sex with one girl. So I can't speak too much from experience.

That said, I'd have no problem dating a super virgin. But I would want to know fairly early in the relationship.

3. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm not super virgin with lesbian but i still consider myself a virgin because i've never done oral or fingering with a girl but i would wonder if she would make fun of me for it .

4. deadmau5ftw

I'm in the same boat you are ShyGuy, I know how you are feeling. I would love some advice too on this topic.

5. AKTodd

Everyone started out being a 'super virgin', including the guy from your class. Acting as though this fact does not exist is just rather pointless bravado on his part.

I've been in multiple relationships in my life and guess what? If I've liked a guy and he liked me back, I never once stopped to worry about if he was a virgin (in any sense of the word). The only way that such a factor would be of any concern to me would be if it was a concern for him. In which case:

a) I would feel flattered that he apparently liked me enough to want me to be his first.

b) I would want to do my level best to make the experience as pleasurable as possible for him. Ok, would do that with any guy, but with a virgin that would also include making a point of letting him sort of 'lead the way' so that things proceed at a pace he's comfortable with and also 'guiding' a bit to show him 'the ropes'.

You'll note that at NO point in the above would I think there was anything in any way wrong with the guy. It would never even occur to me to even think that.

There's nothing wrong with you. When you're ready you'll kiss/date/have sex like a bunny on steroids if that's what feels right for you. There is no 'right' answer to this except the one that makes you feel the best and most comfortable and that maximizes your enjoyment of things.

My (very firmly held) opinion on things.

Todd

6. Mogget

I'd have no problem dating someone who hadn't had sex or been in a relationship by the time he was 22, or by the time he was 30 for that matter.

7. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a super virgin and I am proud of it, sort of, sometimes, I don't know, I am struggling with being demisexual. I do not think there is anything wrong with being "super virgin". Our culture puts too much emphasis on sex, making it out to be such a huge thing, when really it is not. Mind you, I am still coming to grips with all of this so I struggle to believe what I am actually saying.

8. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I dated (and took to bed) a guy in his late 30s who had never been on a date or gone to bed. How was it? Absolutely awesome. :slight_smile:

Lex

9. C P

C P

To both of the bolded, tell me about it...I've had some guys I've talked to act like I all of a sudden have grown 60 arms when being demi comes into play, lol, let alone the fact that I haven't kissed(either gender) or anything yet.

Some(I've talked to as friends) seem to think it's freakin adorable as hell how 'innocent' I am though, so there are definitely those out there who would date us.

10. Simple Thoughts

Haha I'm not a virgin anymore, but I might as well be.

I've had sex like 2 times, and I didn't really manage to learn anything besides how easy it is for me to get nervous lol xD

Oh well :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11. Van

Van

There's nothing wrong with you, honey! You're amazing and perfect in every possible way! (*hug*) I've said it before - you'll make someone really happy. Your prince charming is on his way, I'm sure. :slight_smile: As for your question, you know my answer, I think. :slight_smile:

Pretty much this!

12. The Dude

I was a super virgin a few months ago until I settled into my first relationship. We kissed a few days after meeting (which I was awful at!), and a few days after that...well, you know.

The first few times I was awkward, but we always went at my pace. I've had a weird thing about certain "acts" in bed, and he never pressured me to do anything until I was ready, and he said if I was never ready than we'd never do it. Things moved somewhat quickly, as a result of me wanting to be adventurous, but if he's the right guy and you both like each other it won't matter. He was very easy to talk to about it with too, something that I also appreciated. Communication in our relationship has been key. I've never really felt pressured to do anything, and he's been very understanding.

He was surprised when I said I was a virgin, and never even kissed, and there we were a few months later having a great time.

So I wouldn't worry much about it! If it's the right person, it won't matter.

13. Seagypsy

I'm a super Virgin and I think I would class as Demisexual too....

14. Oxelotl

I'm in the same boat as you, being I've never kissed or hugged or touched or held hands or done anything with a guy at all apart from ironic hugs from friends. So I"d be fine with it. Because I know the feeling.

15. Pikachu007

Pikachu007 Guest

Unfortunately, as a "lesbian," I never dated a woman.. Not even once. I dated a guy for a short time, even though I disliked that :frowning2: So yeah, basically, I'm a "lesbian virgin."

16. apostrophied

I feel you girl. =/

I'm a "super duper wooper virgin." Never a date, even. =/ I sure hope nobody will look down on me for that, I already feel somewhat insecure about it, despite knowing that it's the right thing for me at the moment.

17. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It will happen when you least expect it trust me. Mine was a drunk night with a older guy I met online that night. I barely remember the sex and despite the a shock a year later we are in love and forever committed.

18. SimplyJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm in the same boat as well, never dated/kissed/hugged/touched/or anything else ... guess I have a word for it now :lol: : SuperVirgin

19. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sorry for the late response and for a wall of text.

I have been called innocent too, I'm okay with it though, less stressful at times.

Well with the "super virgin" part, I dated a guy around 7 years ago and haven't date anyone since. We went to eat one day, movies another, hung out a few times 3/4 at most, talked a couple of time over the summer, hung out during third quarter break at football game ( I was in the marching band, he had already graduated) and broke up a week later. Mind you all this took place over 6 month, so it was not the active of a relationship. We never kissed only hugged a few times. It wasn't much but was still a relationship, even though we never even kissed. I still do not have my first kiss, and have never been further than hugging. But have spooned?,? I think that is the right word, a friend of mine laid on my bed while I was there, it is twin bed, so that was the only way the two of us could fit on it.

Being demi is still really new to me. This past September was when I came to the conclusion that I am demi. I was at the campuses Queer community dinner and the less was on asexuality and when it came to the part of demisexuality and grey-asexuality I had a light bulb moment about the demisexuality part. I kept it pretty much quiet for a month, were there were only four people who knew and two were there when I had my light bulb moment, one of which was my roommate and the other was the person giving the lesson. I told two other because we were on the top and they asked.

I kept it like this until I got in a facebook argument during asexual and ally week. They fell at the same time this year. The PRIDE group on campus was having an allies event but an asexual one, and that upset a lot of people. Myself and other suggest a split meeting, which lead to a further argument. Some how I had a lapse of judgement and stated that I am an ally, but I am also demisexual, which is part of asexuality. As soon as I stated this, I regretted it but it was too late, it was already out.. This argument continued for 2.5hrs, until the admins deleted it. And I was messaged and asked to be on a speakers panel, which I said yes to. Mind you 2AM decisions are not the best in the world, but I did the panel after freaking out for two days, luckily my roommate was also on it, one the 4 people who had already knew and a friend who I was unaware was asexual until the argument.

I kinda got thrown head first into all of this and I have been trying to figure everything out since. I never dream that I would be part of the GSM community and would be considered queer, mind you I refuse to be called queer, it is not for me. That is another story entirely. This is completely new to me and is a lot to comprehend. I have always wanted a family and this threw a wrench in everything, on top of 2013 being an extremely chaotic year. I hope this made sense and didn't seem too much like a ramble.

20. The_Poets

US/ Hogwarts/ vacations spent in the tardis
    I pride myself in the fact that I don't want to have sex until marriage.