1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you find a girlfriend?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ChromeNerd, Jan 10, 2014.

1. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    I have no idea where to find a girlfriend. There is a GSA at my school, but the meetings don't seem to be that regular. I'm not even sure if I'm ready for a relationship. I'm not actually that out, mostly because I'm still not 100% clear on what to come out as. I also want to be in a relationship before I come out to more people. I'm a femme, so I don't think people will take me seriously without proof.

2. apostrophied

... I have no idea. I'll let you know once I figure it out lol.

But... Why do you want a girlfriend? For the love, support, and companionship, or to be able to come out the way you feel that you "have to"? You say that you don't even know if you're ready for a relationship... Before you get involved in one, it would probably be best for you too feel 100% ready...

Anyway, just my $.02. Good luck!

3. Foster

Hmm, well you could meet people online. That's usually the only option if you're not ready to come out yet. However, even if you are out, finding a girlfriend can be a challenge. After all, non-heterosexuals are the minority >_< I'd say just focus on figuring out who you are first, and along the way you might find someone :slight_smile: I think it's always good to talk to new people and try out new things (clubs, sports, anywhere where you'll meet new people basically) and then when you're ready maybe LGBT events could be an option too :grin:

4. Pikachu007

Pikachu007 Guest

I'm in the exact same situation too. As a lonely butch lesbian living in an isolated town in Ontario, Canada, it's very difficult finding a girlfriend. You could try online, but to be honest, it's not easy finding a love one online.
    Funny enough, I always think people won't take me seriously because I'm butch. I thought lesbians rather go more with femmes lol.
    Anyways, I believe you will find someone one day :wink:

5. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't think it's a good idea for me to start an online relationship. I think I'll just start using a free dating site when I turn 18.

6. Pikachu007

Pikachu007 Guest

Yep, you can do whatever that's best for ya. Just so you would know, it's a bit hard finding a good dating site where it's free (free messaging, profile, etc).
    But for now, you should wait until you feel comfortable getting into a relationship (whether local or online). Never rush! And yeah, you made the right choice when you decided to sign up on a dating site once you're 18. Some girls out there would actually lie their age (happened to me once, luckily I didn't speak to her much) so never do that. But mind you, dating sites are risky so take precautions.
    Don't worry about those things for right now. Just focus on something else, anything that you feel comfortable in doing until you're ready :slight_smile:

#6 Pikachu007, Jan 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2014